News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

guests voting

Started by Jade Elizabeth, October 14, 2007, 04:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

i know...i dont have it anymore, its installed....i did check my computer and i cant find it..its not even in the recycling bin anymore :(
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

marzi

Thanks for trying.
Maybe jjgallow  will repost it.

sennad

Does anybody have this mod. It is a great feature because I don't want my poll to be a scientific or smth like that, and if guests can't vote than I have a small no. of votes and it looks silly.

Please repost this mod :)

jjgallow

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's the deal:  The link was taken off because the SMF development team wasn't impressed with the quality of the code, and rightfully so.  In particular, it makes a slight change to one of the columns in the SMF database tables - a "no-no" in mod writing.

Realistically, I doubt this will ever do anything bad, but I COULD be wrong.  My time is limited, and this MOD has limited value, since when SMF 2.0 is out, Guest voting will be available to everyone anyway.  I just haven't found the time to edit the code for proper syntax, etc. 

Make no mistake, the MOD does work.  To compromise, I've made some changes to the code so  that when you uninstall it, it will REVERSE the changes it made to the SMF tables.  So, as long as you uninstall this MOD before you upgrade to SMF 2.0, you should be laughing.  And, you won't need it, because SMF 2.0 already has Guest Voting.

Here is a link to the MOD, which I take no responsibility for.  You have been warned that it is not a polished MOD, and never will be, as it will shortly be obsolete.  However, this new MOD WILL correct the table changes it makes.  Alundra, and anyone else who downloaded from the old link, I would recommend uninstalling your MOD and installing this one.

cheers  :)

http://www.earthorbit.com/opensource/download/Allow_Guest_Voting/Allow_Guest_Voting_1.1.4.0.zip

Jade Elizabeth

wow you scare me...LOL

but thanks :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Autoteilekauf.com

i have installed this nice mod, but it doesn´t work.

No changes were made. The mod is now installed, look:

http://www.vwteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1082.0

permissions set for the group "guests": just show poll

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: VWTeam.com on January 24, 2008, 07:51:52 PM
i have installed this nice mod, but it doesn´t work.

No changes were made. The mod is now installed, look:

http://www.vwteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1082.0

permissions set for the group "guests": just show poll

you set it so guests CAN vote right?

Autoteilekauf.com

no guest can vote.

please look at the link and vote. you can´t vote...

(sorry for my bad english)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: VWTeam.com on January 24, 2008, 09:21:47 PM
no guest can vote.

please look at the link and vote. you can´t vote...

(sorry for my bad english)

Yes, but did you set the permissions so the guest can vote?

Autoteilekauf.com

there is no checkbox to allow guests voting.

sennad

you'll have to add it, bottom of perm page add one for voting for guests

Autoteilekauf.com

First i don´t know what you mean.

Now i have found it on drop down permissions menu add it to guests.
This is not fair. Nobody can find this...  :o

Now it works. THX SO MUCH!

leeaf83

does anyone have an answer to this yet? I would love to be able to let guests vote

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: leeaf83 on April 14, 2008, 04:47:59 PM
does anyone have an answer to this yet? I would love to be able to let guests vote

The answer is in the holy 2.0 version!!
lol, I know, I'm corny :P.

leeaf83

What does that mean? How do I allow guests to vote?

Jade Elizabeth

If you have 2.0 it's in the permissions settings. If you have 1.1.4, you need the mod from this topic...just scroll up it's on this page :).

leeaf83

Silly question but how exactly do I implement a mod? I see its a zip file.

Jade Elizabeth

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=49.0

Not a silly question at all!
We have a whole manual section on this, if you don't understand parts let me know :).

Advertisement: