News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Major Major Problem

Started by Mat @ SWS, October 14, 2007, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Use a ftp client to upload files to your server.

Try this, overwrite all your forum files with a fresh set of a large upgrade package (your forum version), minus the upgrade.php and the 2 upgrade.sql files.

shadow82x

Quote from: Mat @ SWS on October 15, 2007, 04:14:34 PM
thing is, i dont get an error message!

i had problems last night, but sorted all that by reinstalling the theme and other key files! that got it working correctly!

this i did the following
changed background colour in CSS file
add link to blog in index.template or boardindex.template
change the way last post and who by is

all off that didnt affect anything!

I then installed the arcade and a games pack about 7 hours ago, been working fine

For the past hour or so, I've been PMing someone, when I noticed that the link for the Arcade had dissapeared! Thsi has appeared to be normal on my admin account today (of i logout and back in, it dissapears).
Anyway, when I noticed it had gone, I went to admin, entered password, went to server settings, and made sure language was set to english and clicked save (that's what i did a few time earlier to make sure arcade link was visable to me and also arcade admin controls!)

then from there i got an error relating to forum/index.php - so i just overwrote that file with a clean version
Do you have a valid link to your forums?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Mat @ SWS

i do yes - dont see why that would be a problem

just tried using filezilla, and tried transferring files across, but everything has came back as "failed transfer"
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

Mat @ SWS

another thing - i notice all index files (forum/index | forum/themes/index | forum/theme/default/index and also forum/themes/default/index.template) seem to keep dissaprearing! I've uploaded these manually a few times, and just noticed again that they arent there!

WTF
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

babjusi

Why don''t you contact your host and ask them about it?

Mat @ SWS

tried ringing my mate (he's the host), but no answer so far!

was thinking, what if i uninstall if from the server. what are the files that i would need to keep (as in the most important files like posts, boards, members etc etc)
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

Mat @ SWS

i can use my ftp clients on other web sites hosted by the same server, just doesnt want to work for spire web solutions! any idea?
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

KGIII

The important file is really only your database which you can save a copy of in a variety of methods but I recommend using phpMyAdmin from your hosting control panel if you can. If not you can make one within SMF.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Mat @ SWS

think i've sussed the problem. my mate has just rang me (aka server), and he said i have filled my quota, infact, had almost doubled it!

he looked last night and said the arcade was creating a load of backups! just been in and manually deleted the arcade and the back ups its created! that has brought my disc space WAY back down now :D

So it should now let me upload via FTP!
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

Mat @ SWS

I'm now getting this again

QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/spireweb/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Warning: main(/QueryString.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spireweb/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/spireweb/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

line 49 reads:require_once($sourcedir . '/QueryString.php');

I dont have that file anywhere! can someone send a copy?
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

Mat @ SWS

my server doesnt seem to have phpMyAdmin!

how do i back it up using SMF? Bearing in mind i cant even get to the admin panel
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

KGIII

Using the large upgrade package you should download those, extract them, and then upload them overwriting the existing files.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Advertisement: