Undefined Function updateSettingsFile()

Started by JMorris, November 18, 2004, 03:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMorris

I didn't do anything to the server backend or to any of the files. This just started happening all of a sudden and I don't know why. I do have another working forum on the same IIS server and MySQL server and database. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function updateSettingsFile() in D:\Clients\9899\infernalworlds.com\infernalworlds.com\smf\Sources\Errors.php on line 143

[Unknown]

Please make sure Admin.php exists and has its correct contents in Sources.  You may wish to try repair_settings.php to fix your settings - I think they may be wrong.

What is repair_settings.php?

-[Unknown]

JMorris

I verified the admin.php file was in /Sources. Reuploaded it just in case. Ran repair_settings.php and there were some things in there it wanted to change so I let it. I still get the same error going to index.php.

EDITED: Ran repair_paths.php and got a successful message. Attempted to get back into index.php with the same error message.

[Unknown]

Well, it's running into database errors.  Are you sure you don't have any crashed tables?  Can you access phpMyAdmin?

-[Unknown]

JMorris

Yes, I can access phpMyAdmin. I'll check all the tables and see if I can access them. Anything in particular to look for?

EDITED: I found that I couldn't access the smf_log_activity table. It wasn't that big of a deal so I dropped it and recreated it. All is working well again, thanks for your help.
Just a note for everbody out there....make backups. :)

Advertisement: