News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

location on post

Started by Chaos Dragon, September 15, 2008, 11:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos Dragon

I will try to have an update out by the end of the week.
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

SN

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

SA™

it can be achived with one edit to display.template.php

find

[if (!empty($settings['show_gender']) && $message['member']['gender']['image'] != '' && !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gender']))
echo '
<li>', $txt['gender'], ': ', $message['member']['gender']['image'], '</li>';

aftert add

if ($message['member']['location'] != '')
echo '
<li>location: ', $message['member']['location'], '</li>';
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

nightyyx

it works for smf 1.1.11?
because it isnt reffered ...

NiceCarvings

Any way to get rid of the of this colon?  :

It displays before members location. I tried deleting it in the display.template.php and it took the whole site down.

ModelBoatMayhem

Does this Mod work on 2.0.2?

That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

DSystem

Does this Mod work on 2.0.4?

Arantor

It hasn't been updated in 4 years, the answer is extremely unlikely.

Of course, if you were to disable the standard location field and create your own with the custom profile fields option, you could just add it anyway to the left area...

CheeseHead05

Quote from: dsystem on May 22, 2013, 09:54:53 PM
Does this Mod work on 2.0.4?

dsystem,

Have you tried to emulate another smf version to get the mod to work?
Also, there is a Last Post and Location Mod that you can use and you can disable the Last Post part so that only the Location will show up in the forum profile.

Arantor

Or you could read my previous post and understand how to add it without having to use a mod at all...

DSystem

CheeseHead05. Compatibility mode doesn't work. But with a small change in the Mod to install. Posted here just to see if the author gave sign of life.

Now that the Arantor gave a great tip. Had not yet used the SMF custom fields. To implement this feature without the need to install any MOD.

How do I use the location field from when I created the Forum. Go to run a Mysql command to copy the contents of the field location for the new field. Next weekend I should be putting into practice Arantor's tip.

I saw that today the Arantor reached 51,000 posts today. I think soon it will go pro Guinness book. ;D

A year ago when I created my forum and I registered in SMF amazed me with your number of posts here, and even commented on my forum-> http://eletronicabr.com/eletrotreco/19/quem-e-este-membro-com-44-233-mensagens/610/

megaaxel2

for smf 2.0.6 default theme (Curve), find
if (!empty($settings['show_gender']) && $message['member']['gender']['image'] != '' && !isset($context['disabled_fields']['gender']))
echo '
<li class="gender">', $txt['gender'], ': ', $message['member']['gender']['image'], '</li>';

and add after:

// Show the member's location
if ($message['member']['location'] != '')
echo '
<li>', $txt['location'], ': ', $message['member']['location'], '</li>';

word "location" will be replaced for your language, in sample, "Расположение" for russian.

Advertisement: