Homepage

Started by Mat @ SWS, October 22, 2007, 09:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat @ SWS

I've noticed that when i go onto some people SMF forums, they have a "homepage", where as my forum link goes straight to the forum. eg http://verticalsource.x10hosting.com/forum/

how do you do that? i dont want it on mine, but as a web designer, i could possibly do this for a potential client (have a lad interested already)

it would be good if the forum and "main site" all had the exact same feel. unlike mine

site: www.spirewebsolutions.co.uk
forum: www.spirewebsolutions.co.uk/forum

fair enough, mine are two seperate things, the site is promoting my business, whilst the forum is a hobby for me and a mate

but as i said, i have a guy interested in a forum (car related), and think he would want a home page on the forum, possibly linking to a view other pages (cars, mods, audo etc etc)
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

anna.young

I think you are looking for Integration. You might want to take a look here for ideas

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Mat @ SWS

cheers, will look later when finish work
Spire Web Solutions
SWS | Forum | Blog

Noddegamra

The way i do it is to install SMF forum in a folder "/forum/"

I have my main site in the "root" folder, which links to the forum in the "/forum/" folder.  :)

Advertisement: