News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting to SMF

Started by Rovin, October 28, 2007, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rovin

I have been a SMF person a few months a go and I went to YaBB.
I now wanted to have PHP but I can't get throught the converter. I get half way throught the process and I get an error when converting boards and categories.

Converting boards and categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `rovin_smf1`.smf_categories
    ADD tempID tinytext;

Caused the error:

Duplicate column name 'tempID'

Thanks.

Rovin

Sarge

Hello, I know it's an old topic and sorry for the long delay, but I'd like to know: were you able to convert?

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Rovin

Nope. Sorry for the late reply. I am using SMF but a clean start, I would like to have my other forum (YaBB) posts/threads/members.

JayBachatero

You are using the converter int he sticky right?  The issue with the duplicate column names don't occur with the one on the sticky.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Rovin

I have YaBB 2.2, would this make a difference?

JayBachatero

Yea using the one in the sticky will make a difference.
Follow me on Twitter

Rovin

I used the one in the sticky and got this:

Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories...
Notice: Undefined index: doctorwho in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: doctorwho in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: fandom in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: fandom in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: general in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: general in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: lounge-general in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: lounge-general in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: spinoffs in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: spinoffs in /home/rovin/public_html/forums/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 696
Successful.
Converting mark read data... Successful.
Converting topics (part 1)... Successful.
Converting topics (part 2)... Successful.
Converting notifications... Successful.
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting posts (part 2)... Successful.
Converting posts (part 3)... Incomplete.
Not quite done yet!
This conversion has paused to avoid overloading your server, and hence not working properly.
Don't worry though, nothing's wrong - simply click the continue button below to start the converter from where it left off.

EDIT: I seem to have got it to work, If I find any problems - I'll let you know, thanks for you help and time. :)

JayBachatero

Let me know if you get other errors.  I believe that I fixed that undefined error.  Need to check and see.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: