News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smiley Pops

Started by BiGBLiZZ, October 28, 2007, 07:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud01100

Quote from: chinaren on December 31, 2011, 05:41:06 AM
I've just discovered another mod that does this function!!  It's:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2782

Works with SMF2.0.x  Huzzah!!
with all due respect to its author, that mod isn't good. It allows you to keep the smilies in groups,but the adding of smilies messes up the tabs and it's a constant headache. If you add a group and set it up once it's fine. On going, is not a good replacement

BiGBLiZZ

My deepest apologies to the SmileyPops fans. I have to leave. I am moving out of country and will be away from all Internet for the better part of a year. Believe me, no one is more hurt and upset with this than I am.

The Mod is there, ready to be updated. All files are visible and the smf 2.0 php is visible as well. If anyone wants to take over the mod and update it, please do. I hate to see it die in such a way. Anyone may do this, you may take the name as well. If When I return, if nothing has been done I will update it then, or if I can sneak in a few hours during the course, I will do that too.

Again, I apologize.

With sadness..

BiGBLiZZ
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

chinaren

Quote from: thedukeisnotdead on January 02, 2012, 01:12:28 PM
with all due respect to its author, that mod isn't good. It allows you to keep the smilies in groups,but the adding of smilies messes up the tabs and it's a constant headache. If you add a group and set it up once it's fine. On going, is not a good replacement

I also prefer the Smiley Pops format, and here's hoping someone can take it over.  However, until that happens it's the only other option available.  Works fine on my forum.  (2.0.1)

Enjoy your time abroad Biggy!  :laugh:
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

bud01100

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on January 02, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
My deepest apologies to the SmileyPops fans. I have to leave. I am moving out of country and will be away from all Internet for the better part of a year. Believe me, no one is more hurt and upset with this than I am.

The Mod is there, ready to be updated. All files are visible and the smf 2.0 php is visible as well. If anyone wants to take over the mod and update it, please do. I hate to see it die in such a way. Anyone may do this, you may take the name as well. If When I return, if nothing has been done I will update it then, or if I can sneak in a few hours during the course, I will do that too.

Again, I apologize.

With sadness..

BiGBLiZZ
All files are visable where?

Dean Williams

I may take a look into this mod soon if I can put aside some time :) Would be good to get it working in SMF 2.

If I get to this before anyone else has time then I would be happy to take development off your hands :)

Advertisement: