Package SDK, anyone?

Started by [Unknown], November 22, 2004, 03:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotosk

Marook

Anyone maybe can explain how to add settings for the user. The setting should appear in the user profile and i couldn't figure out in which way those settings are stored in the db....
SMF Rulez ;) | Meet me home ! | My Mods

Chriss Cohn

Hello, i want to change a certain line in my next mod which is in all language-variants of the "index.$language.php" file. Is there a way to make this easier as i do -> writing the same part for all files over and over again ?

Regards, Christian

GenÇTürK

brianjw

Quote from: GenÇTürK on April 20, 2008, 12:25:17 PM
How can I add new mods
Make new mods or upload new mods to your website? Well creating is something you will have to learn. Uploading is announced in the http://docs.simplemachines.org (Simple Machines Documentation)

GenÇTürK

Quote from: brianjw on April 20, 2008, 01:45:30 PM
How can I add new mods
Make new mods or upload new mods to your website? Well creating is something you will have to learn. Uploading is announced in the http://docs.simplemachines.org (Simple Machines Documentation)

Thanks,

But you didnt understant me,

I made new mod...It name is "Board İcon".. I want to share the mod. But I dont know how ı can share that.[(b]

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: GenÇTürK on April 30, 2008, 05:00:34 AM
Quote from: brianjw on April 20, 2008, 01:45:30 PM
How can I add new mods

Thanks,

But you didnt understant me,

I made new mod...It name is "Board İcon".. I want to share the mod. But I dont know how ı can share that.[(b]

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=postmod;sa=new
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

assam_siddibapa

I installed it ... ads are visible to me but not other members ...... wat should i do

Jumpmasterrt

Ok, so I ran into a few problems.

One, when I tried to install this package it came back as all errors.

Two, how do you change the dir that some things go in? I want to write mods of mods for specific themes etc but the $themedir is always "default". So if I wanted to write a mod for the Babylon theme, how would I tell the package to install it there instead of default?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Dannii

This isn't something you install in the package manager...
You could use: $themedir/../babylon
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Jumpmasterrt

Well, then that would be why then.... LOL So if it's not a PM package, how does it get installed and where does it run from? (I've looked for instructions but even the readme doesn't say)

Ok just for clarification it would be $themedir/Themes/babylon/index.template.php (if that was the file I wanted to mod)? Or just like you typed it or does it matter?

Dannii

It isn't something you install and run. It's a collection of files that will help you write packages.

No that wouldn't work. You could try $boarddir/Themes/babylon/index.template.php but it's longer.
I think there's also a $themes_dir variable you could try.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Jumpmasterrt

Ok I finally got it..... the "Modifications" folder is the example files. The "Server" folder is if I want to manage my own package server for OTHER people to download from and the only file that does anything in reference to package production is the test_modification.php which goes in the main dir so you can test your packages before submitting them.

I'm slow but trainable. ;)

Oh dang, that's right, the $boarddir values were all listed (in a language file I believe) and they set all the dir's for SMF, so if you run that whole string it should change it for that action. Yeah, it may be long but at least it should be safer.

N3RVE

I'll start using $boarddir! I guess that tells SMF to start from the directory where the forum files reside!

As at now, I  use e.g; Themes/babylon/display.template.php
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

[SiNaN]

Quote from: JayBachatero on August 20, 2007, 11:42:09 AM
What you can do is 1 user the .mod format or 2 use the chr() function and echo each char in the <![CDATA[.  Like

echo chr(60) . chr(33) . chr(91) . chr(67) . chr(68) . chr(65) . chr(85) . chr(65) . chr(91);

Jay, chr(85) should be chr(84).
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

assam_siddibapa

Quote from: assam_siddibapa on May 11, 2008, 05:35:06 PM
I installed it ... ads are visible to me but not other members ...... wat should i do
any one

afv

Hi,

I'm having a very very weird problem...

After trying to parse my package through hxxp:www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php [nonactive] I'm getting:

QuoteERROR: The package-info.xml file is invalid!

Debugging Information
Error message: String could not be parsed as XML
Source: /home/bigguy/public_html/smfhelper/forum/package.php:133
Errors encountered while parsing XML file:

Stack Trace:
#0 /home/bigguy/public_html/smfhelper/forum/package.php(133): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')
#1 /home/bigguy/public_html/smfhelper/forum/package.php(94): parsePackageInfoXML('/tmp/smf_xml/pa...', 'install', 'all')
#2 /home/bigguy/public_html/smfhelper/forum/package.php(756): parseArchive('/tmp/phpyaWABB', 'install', 'all')
#3 {main}

After hours searching for the error and comparing my files with other packages, I tried and found this:

Using a working package, I go to the parser and try to parse it. OK, no errors.

Now I unzip it and zip it again. Trying to parse it: the same error above! Same error with tar.gz too.

I think the files inside both zips are exactly the same... I'm using gzip on Linux.

Anyone with the same problem? I'll try ziping it on a Windows machine...

Thanks

edit:
I went into my virtual XP and zipped it using the default zipper and it works :-X
Time to replace my gzip ::)

[SiNaN]

You should pack the files, not the folder containing files.

Edit:

Interesting...
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

sub367

Advertisement: