Package SDK, anyone?

Started by [Unknown], November 22, 2004, 03:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Curran

Shouldn't this be a "sticky" thread? I don't understand why it's not...

DarkCloud14

Uhm is it possible to tell the package system that it should install some things
only if the needed files are available ?!? Or uhm I've a modification with
english and german support. Now I'll do the german language modifications on
help.german.php only if the board admin has installed the german language package.

At the moment I've the problem that I'll always get a Test failed if I don't have these files
(that's why I have an extra package for the german translation..)..
Ok I can install the Mod cause I know that it's only needed if you've german language installed,
but some other may panic and say omg the test failed  >:( contact the mod writer if you know what I mean..

DarkCloud14

Ok if someone wants to know how it works here's the solution that JayBachatero told me:

QuoteUse error="skip" like this
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.{language}.php" error="skip">

-X-ChiliSaus

Hello,
I am new to this, so I wanted to try out the "add_settings.php".

I uploaded it, and then when I loaded it in my browser, I get these 2 errors:
QuoteWarning: Missing argument 2 for db_query() in /home/ubernet/domains/ubernet.nl/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 237

Warning: Missing argument 3 for db_query() in /home/ubernet/domains/ubernet.nl/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 237
Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Is this me? Or am I you?

JayBachatero

You need to have __FILE__, __LINE__ in the query.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

GTSdll

Quote from: DarkCloud14 on March 01, 2006, 07:16:47 PM
Ok if someone wants to know how it works here's the solution that JayBachatero told me:

QuoteUse error="skip" like this
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.{language}.php" error="skip">

Is there a way to do that on the old modification format (boardmod) too?
If not, does SMF 1.0.x understand the new format?
---> GTSdll Homepage [nofollow] <---

Gobo

hi

the sdk file dosent say anything about adding images to directories

so i was wondering if someone could kindly tell me what code i would use so that the mod file would install some images to the /Themes/images/ folder as well

Thanks

JayBachatero

<require-file name="hello.gif" destination="$imagesdir/dirname" />
Follow me on Twitter

Gobo

Thanks jay :D

hopefully I will have my mod up and running soon :D

Rudolf

beware, if I remember good there's no such thing as $imagesdir
You have to put the path manually, like $themedir/images

But this might have changed in the latest release.
The ones the Package Manager recognize are: $sourcedir, $themedir, $languagedir
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Dannii

SMF 1.1 recognises: $boarddir $sourcedir $avatardir $avatars_dir $themedir $imagesdir $themes_dir $languagedir $languages_dir $smileysdir $smileys_dir.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Rudolf

I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

kuja

Quote from: leah on December 19, 2004, 08:54:22 AM
Does anyone have a windows method (that works) of creating gzip archives? I tried a few (Ultimate zip for one) that were mentioned in other threads but I couldn't get them to work, and uploading files to  server to gzip and download to test, editing making changes and redoing this is tedious and time consuming.

The common thing to do would be to use the gzip port for Windows. I'm sure a Googling for "gzip.exe" would yield some useful results.

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

John Slater

What are all the available paths? i was woundering if there is one for Current Theme, maybe $currentthemedir or something

JayBachatero

Quote from: eldacar on July 23, 2006, 01:49:17 AM
SMF 1.1 recognises: $boarddir $sourcedir $avatardir $avatars_dir $themedir $imagesdir $themes_dir $languagedir $languages_dir $smileysdir $smileys_dir.

Those are the ones that are available.
Follow me on Twitter

gamesmad

$themedir is available, $currentthemedir wouldnt be much use, because not all themes have the same elements and therefore all have different code.  If you want to install to a precise theme, you could use something like "$themedir . '/safgrey/' .".  Just an idea though.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Alan S

Pity i hadnt taken a look at this maybe 5 months ago , it might have made my struggle on learning how mod installs work alot easier lmao
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

yutt

Would using this SDK still work for 1.1 mods?

Daniel15

QuoteWould using this SDK still work for 1.1 mods?
Yes, it should, nothing has really changed since SMF 1.0 ;)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Advertisement: