Advertisement:

Author Topic: PDF Tag  (Read 42243 times)

Offline PLAYBOY

• SMF Hero
  • Livephotoshop.com & Lullabyabc.com
    • Lullabies and Us
Re: PDF Tag
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
Yes

Offline PLAYBOY

• SMF Hero
  • Livephotoshop.com & Lullabyabc.com
    • Lullabies and Us
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2012, 04:10:17 AM »
Regular members dont see the pdfs. It shows them like they are broken images. Just an X on the boxes. Can somebody please help me?

Also is there anyway to adjust the size of the boxes for pdfs? or maybe it would be a nice feature for the next version.

Thanks.

Offline Aoife

• Guild Leader/Web Admin
    • Divine Alliance of Mok'Nathal
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »
great mod - works fine with Firefox - but when using IE i have run into problems. May someone is having an idea?

I'm having the same issue in SMF 2.0.3 - works fine in FF but not in IE10 (shows the frame of the box but just an X in the upper left corner).

FOLLOW UP:  IE10 32-bit will display the pdf but not 64-bit. So if you insist on using IE, be sure it's the 32-bit version. Otherwise just use FF or Chrome, etc.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:32:09 AM by aoife »

Offline Chen Zhen

• Sophist Member
  • If you're going through hell, keep going!
    • Underdog-01 on GitHub
    • WebDev.ca
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
great mod - works fine with Firefox - but when using IE i have run into problems. May someone is having an idea?

I'm having the same issue in SMF 2.0.3 - works fine in FF but not in IE10 (shows the frame of the box but just an X in the upper left corner).

FOLLOW UP:  IE10 32-bit will display the pdf but not 64-bit. So if you insist on using IE, be sure it's the 32-bit version. Otherwise just use FF or Chrome, etc.

aoife,

pdf file types will open in IE10 (64 bit) (via Adobe Reader) with a simple adjustment. This is assuming that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.

Open your IE10 64bit browser & navigate to the following:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Set Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program

.. it may take a moment to load all the varios file types. Scroll down to pdf file type & double click.. Opt Adobe Reader as the program to open those files, click OK & then click CLOSE.

After the above setting change you should be able to view pdf documents using the IE10 64bit browser (which uses Adobe Reader to view them/it).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev
Simple Portal Support

Request politely & demand nothing.

Offline Aoife

• Guild Leader/Web Admin
    • Divine Alliance of Mok'Nathal
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »

aoife,

pdf file types will open in IE10 (64 bit) (via Adobe Reader) with a simple adjustment. This is assuming that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.

Open your IE10 64bit browser & navigate to the following:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Set Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program

.. it may take a moment to load all the varios file types. Scroll down to pdf file type & double click.. Opt Adobe Reader as the program to open those files, click OK & then click CLOSE.

After the above setting change you should be able to view pdf documents using the IE10 64bit browser (which uses Adobe Reader to view them/it).

Thank you for the suggestion. I use Adobe Acrobat X and don't have Reader installed on my machines. The .pdf files are associated with Acrobat already - I redid the association and it still does not work with 64-bit. However, it works fine using IE10 32-bit; IE is not my default browser. I was simply looking for a solution for folks that are using the forums and who do use Internet Explorer - it's a solution I found on the Acrobat site.

Offline Ataru Moroboshi

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 07:55:12 AM »
Is there any way to embed an attached PDF?

Offline 0Connors

• Numéro 2 des Empafés
    • Les Empafés
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »
Hi all,

Firstly i will say thank you for the mod !

Then i have a question : How i can change zoom of the PDF file for have the perfect scale ?

Example on my website : http://pafteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5761.0

Thank you,
Site : www.pafteam.com

Projet : www.pafteam.com/beta-test/maj-site/

Version SMF : 2.0.9

Offline MrMike

• BotScout.com - Bust Those Bots!
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
I don't know about setting the zoom, but you can set the widow size by modifying the code in Subs.php as follows:

Code: [Select]
// PDF [pdf]example.pdf[/pdf]
         array(
            'tag' => 'pdf',
            'type' => 'unparsed_content',
            'content' => ($context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_mac_ie'] ? '<object type="application/pdf" classid="clsid:CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000" data="$1" width="800" height="600"><param name="src" value="$1"><embed src="$1" width="800" height="600" /><noembed><a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a></noembed></object>' : '<embed type="application/pdf" src="$1" width="800" height="600" /><noembed><a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a></noembed>'),
            'validate' => create_function('&$tag, &$data, $disabled', '
               if (isset($disabled[\'url\']))
                  $tag[\'content\'] = \'$1\';'),
            'disabled_content' => '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>',
         ),

Offline Randem

• Randem Systems
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2019, 12:59:27 AM »
Aloha, is this MOD still supported? We are updating all our sites and the create_function code needs to be updated in this mod for PHP 7.2. If the MOD is not supported I will make the changes going forward for our sites.
https://randemsystems.com/support/       -   Discusware to SMF Converter / BotBanish Support
https://blaxtonjames.com                         - Money, Knowledge And Power; Why You Are Missing All Three
https://joystickgangsta.com                      - An Experience You Can't Refuse
https://botbanish.com                                 - The Ultimate BOT Defender for SMF, OpenCart, WordPress  & Websites

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself