News:

SMF 2.1.2 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exterminator2006

same error  Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php 

This mod is very baby! :(   

END mod   uinstall finish

TrueSatan

@ Exterminator2006

The mod is fine; problem exits between chair and keyboard...unfirtunately if that module is not willing to deal with such simple issues as the one reported above then few mods will work with that module's forum...such errors become incrreasingly likely the more mods the module installs.

Exterminator2006

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 14, 2007, 04:30:12 PM
@ Exterminator2006

The mod is fine; problem exits between chair and keyboard...unfirtunately if that module is not willing to deal with such simple issues as the one reported above then few mods will work with that module's forum...such errors become incrreasingly likely the more mods the module installs.

yes for avanced users :(  because all mods are upload clic y finish... but nt manual :(

TrueSatan

Simple...and it really is very simple...editing to resolve as basic an issue as that one is well within the abilities of the vast majority of SMF users...BTW so is posting in standard English and doing so is likely to get you helpful replies.

vagiclean

i installed this mod and since it the text didnt display on the menu bar at top and under configuration(it just had a space), i uninstalled it.  now i still have the space in the default theme in the top menu and under admin settings there is still a line where there should have been the configure downloads at between Server Settings and Current Theme. im using 1.1.4.

Sic0

Hmmm I may have been a litle hasty in thinking that I had sorted my problem.

Although making the edits has allowed the downloads to be seen...it still does not allow downloads to be accessed.

Back to the drawing board for me.

TrueSatan

@ vagiclean

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

@ Sic0

I think vbgamer might be best to look into this for you.



Sic0

I'm stumped.

It definitely feels like a "permissions" thing but all is in place for proper functionality.


I will try for another night   but then I may have to trouble VBGamer.

Thanks

vagiclean

#68
Quote from: TrueSatan on November 15, 2007, 06:06:44 PM
@ vagiclean

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

i did that and now there are 2 download buttons at top and on any other them besides default the line is blank.

vbgamer45

Copy the text from modifications.english.php to every modifcations.language.php file.
If you are using custom themes you will need to do as well.

To remove the second download button at the top you would need to edit index.template.php of that theme and remove the duplicate code.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

[SAP]Francis


Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

vagiclean

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 16, 2007, 12:47:39 AM
Copy the text from modifications.english.php to every modifcations.language.php file.
If you are using custom themes you will need to do as well.

To remove the second download button at the top you would need to edit index.template.php of that theme and remove the duplicate code.

that got rid of the top download bar but i still have the blank line where configure downloads was in the admin panel.

Sic0

@ vbgamer

I'm sorry to be a pain but I have rolled everything back and started again and still cannot get permissions working.

See attached screenshot and let me know if there should be more there.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Hadi

Greetings all,

is there a way to use the mod under UTF encoding?

Crankie Yankee

Hi,

I have a problem with the "downloads system" modification. I installed it once before and had a few problems that have since been fixed. The problem now is there are two buttons for "downloads" on the menu bar under the header. Please help!

Thanks

TrueSatan

Please check the index.template.php file of your theme...your problem indicates that you have duplicated the code this mod adds to that file...it is likely that the other files this mod edits may well also have duplicated edits so you will need to go through the process of a manual installation of the mod and check them all correcting as needed.

For further advice on manual installations please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Crankie Yankee

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 17, 2007, 07:29:13 PM
Please check the index.template.php file of your theme...your problem indicates that you have duplicated the code this mod adds to that file...it is likely that the other files this mod edits may well also have duplicated edits so you will need to go through the process of a manual installation of the mod and check them all correcting as needed.

For further advice on manual installations please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nofollow]

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html [nofollow]


Thank you TrueSatan. Your help is very much appreciated. Now I'm having a different problem with the "downloads system" modification. I have uploaded a few files but when I click on any of the files my screen reads "the page cannot be found". I would assume I have to specify the path or paths to access the files but I'm not sure how to do this. The files have been uploaded to my server and all is well on that side, so I am assuming I need to do something in the administration on the forum itself.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sengot

hi there,
so i've managed to install manually. Btw, is there any way to integrate it with smfshop? i mean when user want to download, their point is deducted. :D

Eleaz

Hi, first of all, awesome mod!

I was wondering if it would be able to input html codes/javascript into the description of the items up for download.
Whenever i add a streaming video link, it turns out all gibberish, how can i make this work ?

PS: I want to add a streaming window in the description for the items. Thanks a lot!

scrawl

#79
great mod thanks

Advertisement: