News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flutter

see that's the thing, it doesn't happen to everyone.  The ones who have reported it have been able to download it after I upload the .rar again.  It's the weirdest thing.  Some people haven't reported but I see they have tried to download it lots of times before they likely got it.  I'll see if any of them will tell me what connection they have.  problem is, they can be people who just signed up to download that one item.

I'll see what more I can find out and get back to you.

NOTE* I can't duplicate the issue at my end, I download first time every time.  I think you might be right and it's to do with their connections.  Is there anything I can do at my end?  I can't make the .rars any smaller.

flutter

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on September 17, 2009, 03:23:39 PM
This is an exact example of the empty downloads problem with this MOD that has been fixed with my Enhanced Downloads System Addon.

Cheers :)

Could this be my problem too?  I'll check and see if it's the bigger .rars that are the issue.  You can see some of the comments on it here

http://www.prettysims.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=82

The .rar in question there is only 1.1 mb

vbgamer45

How large of the files. Does it start to download the file at all? Also what browser are they using
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

flutter

sorry, updated that just as you were replying.  I'll need to wait and see if they reply to me with that info.

heinandar

Hello vbgamer

I used you download systems pro and very useful mod.
But i'm facing with some layout problems.

Please see attach image.
Sub Categories didn't go to next line. How can i solve? I use smf 1.1.10 and download system 1.2.6.
SMF is freshly installed.

vbgamer45

Hmm I might have to add a new setting number of subcategories per line to fix that.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

heinandar

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 27, 2009, 10:36:55 AM
Hmm I might have to add a new setting number of subcategories per line to fix that.
Thanks for replying.
I'm waiting for your supporting.
Best Rgds,
Heinandar

tonnybarros

how do I make an html block for shows in the latest downloads on
forum?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonnybarros

It may be, have a script for ai I use on my block, I do not use the portal but I Ad Management

http://tectonny.com

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonnybarros

I wish the new files appeared for download on the sidebar that I have the Ad Management

Translated by Google from Portuguese to English

heinandar

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 27, 2009, 10:36:55 AM
Hello vbgamer45
I'm still waiting your upgrade future.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: tonnybarros on October 01, 2009, 08:38:32 AM
I wish the new files appeared for download on the sidebar that I have the Ad Management

Translated by Google from Portuguese to English
Ok, hope you don't mind vbgamer45...

Again, my EDS Addon allows you to add php code to any blocks (Simple Portal, TP, etc., or for creating your own php pages) for most recent downloads, top rated, most downloaded, etc.. basically everything that gets displayed on the main downloads index page (?action=downloads).  There is a txt file within a folder that describes this in great detail.  You can have the thumbnail screenshot of the download inserted into it also.  You'll need to call upon the getDownloads function which is, again, explained in full detail, with an example on how to do it, within the txt file (HOW TO Retrieve Download info from any file in your site.txt) found within the EXTRA INFO TXT Files folder.

tonnybarros

gffb

I have installed this mod and all went well no errors during install, I have added a coupe of downloads and set permissions. Uploaded files fine.

The problem is when I go to the downloads section it says in the main menu there are x amount of files but when I go into each cat. no downloads are shown.

I have attached a couple of images that might help.

SMF 2 rc1.2
Default theme and others

Error Log
http://www.abcunited.info/abc/index.php?action=downloads;cat=4
2: Division by zero
File: /home/abcunite/public_html/abc/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 693

tonnybarros

vbgamer45 has no code for me to show the last active, so that I can use the Ad Management mod or Global Headers and Footers

http://www.tectonny.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads

sangwe11

Advertisement: