News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allthumbz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 12, 2011, 08:05:44 PM
What happens when they try to approve the downloads?

They do NOT see the Administration Panel, just a list of download files available. 

As administrator, I get both the list of downloads and the admin panel.

Thanks,

Nelson

vbgamer45

You mean access to the admin tab? Or the admin panel on the downloads index page. That think is controlled by Admin Downloads permission.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

allthumbz

Global Moderators cannot access the Administer Downloads option in the Downloads area. They do not see it.

This means that ONLY the administrator can APPROVE downloads.  I would like to give this power to Glober Administrators also to take the load off me.

Any way to do it?

Thanks,

Nelson

vbgamer45

Make sure you give the global mods membergroup the "Admin Download System" permission then that should show them that panel and stuff
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sikkens1997

How do I get this working? I Apply'd the mod and it's installed, what now? Can't figure it out.
I want to add a download.

vbgamer45

Go to the downloads menu button or downloads configuration link in the admin area

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

allthumbz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 15, 2011, 08:37:17 PM
Make sure you give the global mods membergroup the "Admin Download System" permission then that should show them that panel and stuff

I gave them that permission in the General Permissions area of SMF and they STILL do not see the admin downloads panel in the downloads area.

What could be going wrong?

Nelson

vbgamer45

As long as they are not forum "Moderators" and normal global mods they should see it.
Unless you have a deny permission from either other secondary membergroup or something.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

allthumbz

They are each listed as a moderator of a forum on the "boards" theme, but ALSO Global moderators with normal Global Moderator's permissions. The moderator listing is only for assigning a particular global moderator to a forum to moderate. I did not realize that it would block them from seeing the admin downloads panel.

What if I permit the "moderators" group to also admin the downloads?

Nelson

vbgamer45

You can try and see if that helps. The moderator group is not checked in the downloads system

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

allthumbz

No luck with that. I checked secondary permissions and everything appears clear.

I'm stumped.

Nelson

FounderSim

I need to create my own importer.. =)

I got over 30,000 files to import..

Questions:
#1, in smf_down_file, is fileurl the fullpath?
#2, can filename, be same as originalfilename
#3, what other fields would be required to import my files besides title, id_member and date?
oRPG Creator - Create Your Own Browser RPG With No Programming!!

vbgamer45

1. No that is for a remote file hosted on another website. filename is the name of the file stored in the downloads folder.
2. Yes it can be.

3. ID_CAT, filename, orginalfilename

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

T3CHN0

with the downloads my forum members tell me that the downloads crash after about 300kb and sometime that can download
up to about 50mb but never compleats the download. most of my files are between 70mb and 800mb

i thought i would test it and the same thing happens to me.

is this the mod or the hosting server that's the problem, my forum is hosted with bluehost

i will add if i ftp the files into a folder that anyone can look at, then every download works

any help...

FounderSim

I see the filename is something weird like"1_22_03_11_8_54_37". How do I convert my files to that format?

vbgamer45

Doesn't need to be converted that was just a way to generate a unique filename

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FounderSim

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

FounderSim

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 22, 2011, 01:10:44 PM
Glad you got it working btw what did you import it from?

Nothing. I wrote a web scrapper to download these files i needed and imported them to your download system =)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: