News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Glad you have it figured out!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

OK well I've had this mod running on the forum since my forum started (not long ago) but credit where it's due this is an EXCELLENT mod.  I don't use half the features it is capable of, but as a downloads management system, it is easy to use / manage from both an admin and users point of view.

I don't claim to have tried all the options out there, but in my view its better than the two 'built in' downloads setups of several portals I've tried.  That's just my opinion, nothing objective I can point to.  And perhaps it's to be expected given it's a dedicated downloads mod.

Anyway this comes highly recommended from me !!!!

Well done SMFhacks !
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Thanks landyvlad I try to think of all options for the users.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Bug fix for SMF 2.1 Beta 3 so it installs correctly
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

shawnb61

Installed & operates perfectly on SMF 2.1 Beta 3+ (current Github)! 

Honestly guys, between SAVE & Download System, my forum is pretty much 100% in SMF2.1...  Well done!

I do have one error in my error log though.  This error showed up once immediately post installation:
    8: Undefined index: downloads_menu
    http://localhost/vgf21/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=1498409867.zip;pid=0
    File: {yada yada yada}/VGF21/Sources/DownloadsHooks.php  Line: 111

I haven't noticed any impact on operation, seems to work perfectly. 

All of our downloads, ratings, etc., everything from 2.0 is available.  SEAMLESS...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

vbgamer45

Does it happen all the time or just one time?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

shawnb61

Only the once.   

Looking at that URL, I think it was logged during the install process. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

SMFHacks.com Team

Update:
!Fixed some undefined variables in SMF 2.1 Beta 3 profile icons for im services/karma on comment view.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

shawnb61

Minor nit, but you get error log entries if a user presses the ratings button without selecting a rating. 

They get a friendly warning.  No need to log an entry in the error log as well. 

Error message details:
8: Undefined index: rating
/yada/yada/yada/smf/Sources/Downloads2.php    Line: 3536

landyvlad

What is the update process please?  Is it just upload and install the new one, or do I uninstall./delete the old one first?
(It'd be cool if this info was included in the description of the mod, for easy reference)

Thanks
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

vbgamer45

Either way works. If it is a major update I state what to do.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Thanks - sorry for the similar questions in numerous threads :)

vbgamer45

No problem glad you have it figured out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Umm, struck some pretty major error flags in the uninstall test.
Trying to uninstall ver 3.0 to update to 3.0.2

I'm currently using SMF2.0.13

This is the result I get:

QuoteType   Action   Description
*   1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test failed
*   2.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php   Test successful
*   3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Test failed
*   4.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./index.php   Test failed
*   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
*   6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
*   7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
8.   Delete File   ./Sources/Downloads2.php   
9.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/Downloads2.template.php   
10.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/languages/Downloads.english.php   
11.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/languages/Downloads.english-utf8.php   
12.   Execute Code   DownloadUnInstall.php

That's some pretty major 'issues' right there !  :o

Please help me !  :)

vbgamer45

Just install the new version on top

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 17, 2018, 11:04:34 AM
Just install the new version on top

So don't uninstall, install new version, and there should be no errors.
Assuming that works, do I then 'uninstall' the old one, or just 'delete' it from the package manager ?(but not files of course)  Thanks

vbgamer45

that's it. don't delete or uninstall anything

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

locutusweb

Hi,

I installed the download system but when I want to  add a download it says: "You need to create a category first before you upload a download." Where do I create that category? I have this on smf 2.0.11 and 2.0.15 at different servers.

TIA

vbgamer45

Click on downloads in the menu then there should be link on that page to add a category.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

locutusweb

Hmm, I removed manually the memberlist from the menu and I added "index.php?action=downloads" in the menu. Could you provide me the link for the category?

Advertisement: