News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikedijital

also I guess I should have been more clear... I dont know how to write code from scratch... I can copy and paste... and I can figure out basic things, but I dont even know where to drop an h1 or bold code... I tried to google it, and I just keep crashing the page.....    can you show me the code with h1 tags in it....

vbgamer45

updated code

// Show the main download
echo '
<tr class="windowbg2">
<td align="center">';

echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=', $context['downloads_file']['ID_FILE'], '"><h1>', ($context['downloads_file']['fileurl'] == '' ? $context['downloads_file']['orginalfilename'] : $txt['downloads_app_download']), '</h1></a>';

echo '
</td>
</tr>';
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mikedijital

your the BEST, thank you so much!!!!   <3

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ranami

Very helpful mod, I must say. How do I remove the link from the main menu? Just want to have only a link as a board that redirects to the downloads page, which I've done already, but I don't want the link in the main menu. Is there an option to not show the menu link in the mod's settings? If there is, I can't seem to find it. I'm using SMF 2.0.15 by the way. Thanks in advance.

vbgamer45

You would need to edit the Sources/Subs.php file to remove the entry.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ranami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 25, 2019, 08:08:57 AM
You would need to edit the Sources/Subs.php file to remove the entry.
Ok, but can you please tell me the line(s) to edit and to what exactly? Thanks.

vbgamer45

Use the package parser on the mod site should say the line.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ranami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 25, 2019, 03:04:00 PM
Use the package parser on the mod site should say the line.
Ok I think may be I forgot to mention I'm a complete novice here. I don't even know what a package parser is, let alone how to find or use it. I'm a fast learner though, and a point in the right direction may just be all I need.

vbgamer45

on the mod site for the page of the mod. Tells you which files were edited and where.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ranami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 25, 2019, 03:58:32 PM
on the mod site for the page of the mod. Tells you which files were edited and where.
Found it, done it and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

pirc-bw

Hi, I have used this Mod for a few years now.  But recently I started having a problem adding files to the Downloads.  The files I want to add are zipped and under 8kb.  But they fail to upload.  I have checked with my hosting, there's no issue that should cause a file of that size not to work.

QuoteService Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

There is no maintenance going on and no capacity problems.
Merlene
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.16
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.16
www.bw-forums.com

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pirc-bw

Thanks for the suggestions, but we have decided to use direct upload links for the large files and they seem to be working just fine.
Merlene
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.16
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.16
www.bw-forums.com

vbgamer45

Yeah if you are going over couple hundred megs that is always recommened.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sbnisar755

hi thanks for this great mod, i have just installed this mod in my smf forum, I have few questions,
1. can i set permissions on downloading attachement, for example if i post a download, can i set some rules for downloading, like "members who has above 15 posts can download"
2. how to create download section category
3.can members can create there own category
thank you very  much

sbnisar755

Quote from: sbnisar755 on February 07, 2020, 04:07:36 AM
hi thanks for this great mod, i have just installed this mod in my smf forum, I have few questions,
1. can i set permissions on downloading attachement, for example if i post a download, can i set some rules for downloading, like "members who has above 15 posts can download"
2. how to create download section category
3.can members can create there own category
thank you very  much
i am still waiting

vbgamer45

1. Does not affect the attachments in your forum at all. It is a separate section in your forum.

2. Downloads -> Add category
3. No only download admins

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sbnisar755

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 07, 2020, 01:12:04 PM
1. Does not affect the attachments in your forum at all. It is a separate section in your forum.

thank you very much for reply, can you tell me where i can set these rules as you said its seperate section in froum.

vbgamer45

That would be best asked in the SMF general support boards.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: