SMF/MOS Bridge does not work for me !

Started by zenpierre, November 22, 2004, 03:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenpierre

OK, I played a little bit with the new Login module on the design itself in file mod_smf_login.php and get almost what I wnted to have.
there is one little thing that I can't find out and that you guys could certainl help me to do.

How do I do to avoid the hyperlink to the register  in the Welcome_guest message. I certainly do not want my users to hjump into the forum from there to login so that part must only stay as a text without no hyperlink. How and where do you do this ?
Thx.

Kindred

The string you editted in index.english.php has the hyperlink built in...

but by removing that, you are preventing a user from registering at all....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zenpierre

OK,
here is what I did to solve my problem

old:
$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Bienvenue, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Veuillez <a href="'. $scripturl . '?action=login">vous connecter</a> ou <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">vous enregistrer</a>.<br />Avez-vous perdu votre <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=activate">courriel d\'activation?</a>';
$txt['welcome_guest_activate'] = '<br />Avez-vous perdu votre <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=activate">courriel d\'activation?</a>';

New:
$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Bienvenue, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Veuillez vous connecter</a> ou <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">vous enregistrer</a>.<br />Avez-vous perdu votre <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=activate">courriel d\'activation?</a>';
$txt['welcome_guest_activate'] = '<br />Avez-vous perdu votre <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=activate">courriel d\'activation?</a>';

So this works now, I can't go to SMF forum login directly from there, I need to login on my main page with User and passord there.

I have another problem now, I was in a middle of the registring process when I cancel it (back, back..). Since then, I have the 2 masseages that displays in my login manu. I mean I have the ['welcome_guest']  and just under it the ['welcome_guest_activate '] . They both display ... how to correct this ?

Kindred

You are calling the wrong link for registering...

in english, it should read (when you're done with the edits):
$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please login or <a href="http://www.your-mambo-installation.com/directory/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register">register</a>.';

Turn *OFF* activation in SMF...  in other words, in your SMF admin, make sure that your user activation is "immediate activation".

The mambo activation will handle both now...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zenpierre

Good to know, not really in the documentation this.
So I changed and I can now register using the mambo page. It works and show me the fields to fill in.
then when I use validate, it return me a complete blank page and nothing ... >:(

I was so close...what is going on ? Any idea.

Kindred

Zenpierre,

PM me a link to your site... I''ve gone about as far as I can suggest without actually seeing the site/problem.

:)

Слaва
Украинi

zenpierre

I noticed something strange using only one SMF DB with the tables from mambo included in it:

If I use phpMyAdmin, I can see a new user in the mambo table and in the smf table but, when I go as an administrator in Mambo, and if I go in "User"manager" "Edit/Add User", I only see the user create in Mambo before the bridge. So, there must be something wrong again but what ... :-\

I noticed also that even if I have all my users migrtated from Mambo into the SMF table, when in SMF, it shows only the one that did logged on the prevcous forum. Not telling me the real number of user exported from Mmabo but unly those who did logged into PHpBB from the all list..This means that a user that was in Mambo but not yet in hpbb, is not shown in SMF has a registred user. There must be a status somewher in the table not migarted. Any idea?

I need also to say the good things ... I have migrated my PhpBB2 to SMF and I am now using SMF as our new Forum.. and using the bridge from Orstio for the single login Hourra .... :D :D :D

Still fine tuning and then Coppermine so that we get the sigle login site we wanted. Thanks to Orstio and kindred. These guys rocks  ;D

Advertisement: