News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Install problems

Started by dan1948, November 02, 2007, 07:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan1948

Hi, Guys, I think I followed instructions very carefully. Everything installs fine, but. when I click on the forum link it brings me to the forum and asks me to login to smf.

I use the bridge login and I unpublished smf login and registration
I gave permission to the smf user to the mambo database and vice versa.. I linked the forum to the smf component.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

smf version 1.1.3      mambo version  4.6.2

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dan1948

kindred ,  bridge is smf1-1 mamb4-6

chomskyforpresident.com/mambo

It's a test site so I'd be more than happy to pm you the username and pw
Thanks Dan

Orstio

QuoteI linked the forum to the smf component.

What exactly does that mean?

dan1948

I went to the main menu/components and created a link called forum with the url to the smf bridge. It brings one the the smf forum but asks the user to log in.
Thanks

Orstio

When I go to the URL you provided, there is no menu item to the bridge component.

dan1948

Ok it's the link you need is there now.

Orstio

And, it all seems to be working fine.

dan1948

Ortisio, when I login into mambo and go the the forum it asks me to log in again. I'm assuming the the brigge combines everything wrapped into one login. As an example..

http://weeniecampbell.com/mambo/
Thanks dan

Herman's Mixen

for what i can tell just did a test install

make in mainmenu an new menu item link it to the smf bridge component and use the smf bridge to logon....

then i did go to the mambo user manager and changed my admin login account to my forum login account so those two are the same... then i did an member sync then it tells me that the user already was there... so when i now login or in mambo or in the forum i login in both !

and if i logout in one of them it logs me out in both ...

this basically what has to be done
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Orstio

Quote from: dan1948 on November 03, 2007, 02:31:10 PM
Ortisio, when I login into mambo and go the the forum it asks me to log in again. I'm assuming the the brigge combines everything wrapped into one login. As an example..

http://weeniecampbell.com/mambo/
Thanks dan

On your site, you are using the Mambo default login module.

Do you have the SMF_login and SMF_logout mambots published?

dan1948

Orstio

If you wish to use the default Mambo login module, and also want that module to be able to log you into SMF, you are going to need to publish those bots.

dan1948

Ortisio, I published to bot. but when I link to forum it asks me to login again
I may have to do a reinstall. Since it's a test site can I pm you the username and pw?
Thanks
Dan

Orstio

Please do not "do a reinstall".  Uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to teach your server anything.

Is it asking you to login, or are you presented with the message "Password security has recently been upgraded.  Please login again." ?

dan1948

The forum is asking me to login

Orstio

In the bridge configuration, what did you use as the path to SMF?

dan1948

/home/chomsky/public_html/smforum

Orstio

Do you have subdomain independent cookies enabled in SMF?

dan1948

not that I know of. What would I check.

You won't make it easy for me and let me pm you the username and pw will you ;)

Advertisement: