News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Install problems

Started by dan1948, November 02, 2007, 07:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

SMF admin panel > Server Settings > Feature Configuration

dan1948

local cookies is enabled.  Sub domain cookies ins not enabled

Orstio

That should be the opposite.

dan1948

I changed it to sub domains cookies enabled. Still same problem

Orstio

Did you also turn off local cookies?

dan1948

Yes
Sorry to be taking up your time on this

dan1948

pm password and username?????

Orstio

dan1948

Orstio

Your SMF database user does not have access to your Mambo database.

dan1948

I've done that process in mySQL a couple of time and when I go the the bridge componet and do a sync its says that the user is already in sync.
Same problem shoud I do a reinstall?

Orstio

Servers are not like dogs.  They do not learn by repetition.  Therefore, uninstalling and reinstalling is never a good idea when trying to solve a problem.

I'm not referring to your Mambo users, or to your SMF users.

You have your SMF data in a database.  That database has a user.  SMF needs to act as that user in order to acces that database.

That database user will also need access to your Mambo database, because it needs to get information from the Mambo database.

You need to grant that access in your site's cPanel.  You can't do it from your Mambo admin panel.  You can't do it from PhpMyAdmin.

dan1948

I know this is aggrivating.  :( I did as the instructions said and...
went the the cpanel mySQL and not the phpmysql, I gave the sfm user acces to the mambo database and vice versa.
???
It's easy to do a restall as I'm using Fantastic

dan1948

Orstio

I installed JoomlaXplorer so that I can see what is going on in your file system.

Before you installed the bridge, you did not chmod your mambots/authenticator folder to 777.  So, while all of the bots show as installed, none of the files are there.

dan1948

ok I'll check that out, Just got back from diner we're having a minor hurricane here :-\

dan1948

I did a complete reinstall on my other site.

Inintially it works, But when you go the the forum the only way you can exit is by doing a logout at the smf forum. Then when you do another login in the mambo login, your back to square on Having to login to the smf forum.

dan1948

ortisio, Thanks for the help you spent alot of time on this,

Orstio

Before installing the bridge, you need to make sure that all relevant folders are chmod 777.  If you do not, the files will not upload.  If the files are not there, they don't function.

dan1948

Almost there!!!

Ortisio. when use the logout link in smf I get this.....

8: Undefined property: logout
File: /home/mrdanman/public_html/mambo/components/com_smf/smf.php
Line: 832Database Error: Table 'mrdanman_mamb1.smf_sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/mrdanman/public_html/smforum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2005

I synced my databases and it see the user

Advertisement: