News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Anonymous Board Mod

Started by JMV290, November 04, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumfa

I didn't try It butt i will test on teh locals and see if it is what I mean what you mean :D.
I meant to downsize the anonymity. In place to make the whole board anonymous, that the admin has the option to start an anonymous topic.
Board is quite big to make anonymous, that's why. But this tweak will do the job quite fine for now.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ok, I believe I've gone through the package 10 times with the parser, and have found nothing that would account for this. Maybe you could help me with this. After a large upgrade to 1.1.5 I installed this again with a few other mods,
now pretty much when ever anyone makes a new thread, regardless if it is a normal thread or one with a poll, I get this in the logs:

8: Undefined index: anonymousBoard
File: /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 631

No such line in Post.english.php

After I disabled eval:

File: /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/Themes/default/Post.template.php

if ( $context['anonymousBoard'] )

and

Tiedosto: /var/www/vhosts/***/httpdocs/Sources/Post.php
Rivi: 1070

if ( $context['anonymousBoard'] && !isset($_POST['post_unanon']) )

So, any ideas would be welcome, since I really like the mod, but don't want to be deleting errors every other hour. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Also noticed, that If I make a new thread on the anonymous board, it doesn't give the option to post with my own name, but automatically posts with my real nick. If I'm inside a thread already created before, I can post as anonymous, and it does give the option of posting with my own nick...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

lex...

the undefined means that something is missing. The system never defined what that content sub-section is... I'll try to look at it next weekend.

regarding your last question... I'm not sure I understand.  The mod offers Anonymous or not-anonymous. If not-anonymous, then use the user's screen name, just like any other post.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yep, I know what the undefined means. But I could not locate what was missing. It does the same regardless of language (I have english and finnish installed)

It works perfectly when I post to a thread someone else has opened, then I can post anonymous, and have the option to post with my real nick. But, If I try to open a new thread, it automatically posts with my real nick, and doesn't show the option.

1: Replying on board 69 (Anonymous board)

* Does not create an error in the log * - Posts anonymously by default.

2: Opening a new thread on board 69 (Anonymous board)

* creates errors, see below * - Posts with my profile information.

index.php?action=post;board=69.0 
File: /var/www/vhosts/apachefoorumi.net/httpdocs/Themes/default/Post.template.php
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

hmmm.... it looks like only half the mod got installed into the post section of code (post new and reply are two different functions)

-edit for explanation- the issue you are describing makes sense if the anonymous code was added into the reply section, and not the post section, since - if there is no option to make a first post anon, the system will obviously use your display name when you post it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'll go through the code once more... Though I already believed I checked everything out...
I'll be back to tell you if I found something.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kindred on May 05, 2008, 01:15:59 PM
-edit for explanation- the issue you are describing makes sense if the anonymous code was added into the reply section, and not the post section, since - if there is no option to make a first post anon, the system will obviously use your display name when you post it.
Is that other edit supposed to already be included in this mod?
Since I just downloaded a fresh copy to make sure I didn't have corrupted copy or anything,
and these are the only post.php and post.template.php edits it shows:

And both are included in my files. Or I'm a looking at the wrong direction?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

hmmm....   It might be the difference between 1.1.4 and 1.1.5

Those WERE the correct edits....

wait...   did you make the change in Load.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'll doublecheck that as well.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: LexArma on May 05, 2008, 01:51:49 PM
I'll doublecheck that as well.
Should be there. The files attached if you want to see them.

These mods are as well installed on our forum:

1. Case Insensitive Smileys 1.0
2. Member posts recount 0.5
3. Spoiler Tag 0.3.2
4. Anonymous Boards 0.3b
5. Admins Can Post As Alternative User 1.0
6. Karma Description Mod 2.3
7. vReportBoard Mod 1.03
8. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.2
9. Reg Bar 1.0.2
10. Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0.2 2.0.2

All these used to work ok together in 1.1.4
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

hmmmm...  actually, looking at the code, I see a better way to do it than the way I did originally.

I'm going to take a crack at revising the mod over the weekend (and possibly do a version for 2.0 at the same time.)
Слaва
Украинi

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No hurry - I'm all for waiting, if it means better results. :D
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Kindred

side note...   I looked at your code, and I don't see anything that jumps out at me.  However, I have not tested in conjunction with other posting mods, and I can imagine potential conflicts with  the Admins Can Post As Alternative User mod, since it also adjusts the poster's information.
Слaва
Украинi

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'll just have to test how it works out if I remove it then...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

2pac

any chance of seeing this in 2.0 beta?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on May 05, 2008, 02:59:09 PM
hmmmm...  actually, looking at the code, I see a better way to do it than the way I did originally.

I'm going to take a crack at revising the mod over the weekend (and possibly do a version for 2.0 at the same time.)
Слaва
Украинi

2pac

Se7enIIIX

Any updates for this mod? I have version 1.1.5 and it seems this only works for 1.1.4 and lower. I installed it but when I check a forum to be anonymous it does not set properly =(

Kindred

hmmmm... it works correctly on my 1.1.5 install.....   I'll look at it next weekend.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: