Anonymous Board Mod

Started by JMV290, November 04, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kquinn

I am VERY new to running a forum, so please bear with me and my stupid questions.

;D

I am running SMF 1.1.5 and I have installed this mod.  It works correctly, but there is no words next to the little box you check to UN-ANON yourself in the forum, so my members don't see it is there and are posting anon when they don't mean to.

Can someone give me the code I need to fix this?  Like the posts I've seen that say "find this code" and "replace with this code" ... thats pretty much the only way I can fix it cuz I just don't get it otherwise.

Thank you!

Kindred

look in modifications.english.php and add the same strings to modifications.<yourlanguage>.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kquinn

:( I have no idea what that means.  (Told you I was new to this).

Kindred

I'm not sure how to say it any simpler....

you are obviously not using English as a language (English UTF-8 is different from English). Mods for 1.1.x only install in English by default.

So, look in the file modifications.english.php. Find the anonymous board mod text strings and copy them into the modifications.XYZ.php file for whatever language your are using.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kquinn

OK, I think that helped.  Off to try. Thank you.

shanniberry

This was the fix...just had to add the code to Modifications.english-utf8.php from Themes/default/languages/
SMF 1.1.5

dillon

I am looking to have an anonymous section (with the option to post using user names) and the rest of the forum having a default of posting with your user name with an option to post anonymously. 

Is there a way of accomplishing this?  I noticed some code was suggested earlier but I'm unsure if that would change the entire structure of the board and basically I want 2 types of boards.....one defaulting to post anonymous and one defaulting to posts with user names.

Kindred

The way this mod is set up, you get one way.

The mod (as written) has the board default to anonymous and allow username on checkbox.
I posted code earlier indicating how to change that to default to username, but allow anonymous on checkbox.

allowing either/or on a by-board basis would require rewriting the mod...   and I may consider it for the next release, (after 2.0RC is released... )
Слaва
Украинi

nopity4u

Just wanted to stop in to say nice mod. I had to change around Subs-Boards a little bit as I had installed ColorizeBoards. But it's working perfectly. I am running an NFL fansite and I wanted my users to have a place to trash talk without exposing themselves. This fit the bill exactly.

asmith

I have SMF 1.1.5 . the test fails in load.php :/

Kindred

posibly you have another mod that modified load.php.

You will have to follow the manual install instructions.
Слaва
Украинi

pluck3k

There's a good possibility I'm missing something but when I try to install the mod it says everything went fine, but it makes no modifications to any code that I can tell.  The one snippet you posted somewhere in this thread ( a change it made to post.php) wasn't made on my install, so I'm assuming none of the others are since there is no functionality at all, no change in view or anything.

This is the first mod I've installed, so I may have something poorly configured.  I noticed that the temp files all have 666 access.

Kindred

Are you running the default theme and in English language? (note: English UTF-8 is different form English)

SMF Version?
Слaва
Украинi

nbviv

I force all users to post anonymously, you have to edit post.template.php. What if you have like 10 themes? Is there an easier way to force anonymity than editing all 10 files?

Kindred

not with the way the mod is currently designed.
Слaва
Украинi

Erbros

Any chance this will be updated for smf 2.0 b4?

Kindred

not much...

I will definitely update it when 2.0 is out of beta.
Слaва
Украинi

Asshandler

Mod installed fine on 1.1.6, however, when I click to make a board anonymous, it does not save the change.

When i go back in to look, the box remains unchecked.

What might the issue be?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Crankie Yankee

Quote from: Asshandler on October 29, 2008, 03:17:16 PM
Mod installed fine on 1.1.6, however, when I click to make a board anonymous, it does not save the change.

When i go back in to look, the box remains unchecked.

What might the issue be?
Quote from: Kindred on October 29, 2008, 06:59:21 PM
what browser?

I have the same exact problem as Asshandler and my browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer. It is the lastest version which I think is MSIE 9.0. This mod would be an awesome addition to my forum so I hope there is a quick fix for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement: