News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cutomized data in memberlist ?

Started by Davy-D, November 24, 2004, 05:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy-D

Hi guys,

first of all - thanks a lot for that great software. I have tried a lot of different projects, even commercial ones. But there's one thing I put highest priority on: ease of use !

Okay, here's my issue:

I understand that by activating the memberlist, all data of the members' profiles will be exposed to all registered members within the board (guest access disabled).

Is there a way of granting the usage of specific data of each profile individually only ?
I mean: can members specify their exposed data excplicitely for the memberlist (even if they expose more in their profile) ?

Thanks a lot for your patience & help,
Davy-D

[Unknown]

Currently, no.  What data are you looking to give them the option of not disclosing?

-[Unknown]

Davy-D

Hi,

let's say someone wants to expose his/her Messenger IDs but not the Email-Address ?

Thx,
Davy-D

[Unknown]

There's already an option to hide your email address.

-[Unknown]

Davy-D

Yes right - but this option can only be selected once - when signing up to the board.

Later on - what if you change your opinion ? Can't it be selectable in the profile or something ?

Thanks,
Davy-D

Oldiesmann

Yep. Profile -> Account Related Settings
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Davy-D

Hi Oldiesman,

seems like I am either dumb or blind. I can't find it.

In your Forum I can see it though. Is that functionality new ??? I am using SMF 1.0 RC2 ...

Thanks,
Davy-D

[Unknown]

There is an option in the forum settings to allow people to hide their emails or not; it's on by default, however.

-[Unknown]

Davy-D

Hi *.

Thanks for your support and sorry for my stupidity.
It was disabled globally in the admin settings ;o)

Keep up the good work,
Davy-D

Advertisement: