News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Started by jerridwills, November 22, 2004, 08:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerridwills

I have recently migrated the forums from one hosting service to another.  I was able to use the help here to get through that part and I thank you all that posted your poblems and all that replied.

However, I'm at a point where I can't find any answers.  I can't get any of the avatars to work.  When users try to upload or use server side avatars, they get "page cannot be displayed error".
All the avatars have a box with an 'X' on them.  I right clicked on that and went to the properties of it and found that it was pointing in the wrong directory.  It is not seeing the folders that I have placed in the avatar directory.

To make this problem even harder, I was able to upload my avatar just fine.  So was one other.  Everyone else gets the problem listed above.

Thanks for you help.  If you need any more info, please ask.

[Unknown]

Hmmm.. you've checked your avatar paths and settings?  Have you tried comparing what repair_settings.php suggests for your path with what you have?

-[Unknown]

jerridwills

Yeah, I have ran that repair_settings quit a bit.  All the directory paths are correct.

jerridwills

Here's what I have.
I have two directories in the avatars folder called Actors and Musicians.  These show up on the user's profile options, but if they choose one of the pics inside that directory, it says "page cannot be displayed".

All uploaded avatars are not showing up.  What directory do those go into?  Attachments?
Thanks again.

[Unknown]

Yes, uploaded ones go into attachments.  Are you sure this is happening to everyone?  Do you know what browsers they are, predominently, using?

-[Unknown]

jerridwills

Yeah, it's happening to everyone that has used and uploaded avatar.  They are mostly using IE6

[Unknown]

I don't suppose I could ask for a URL to your forum?

-[Unknown]

jerridwills

I have seen that you have helped quit a few people, so if you need admin access to the forums or hosting site, please let me know.

jerridwills

I have figured out that this is not a just an avatar issues.  All the users that were migrated to the new server cannot change their "Forum Profile Information"  Anything that they change gets the error. "Page cannot be displayed" or "The profile you are trying to view does not exist" and the URL has http://echoforce.us/DVC/forums/index.php?action=profile2 [nofollow]

[Unknown]

Could you pm me with a temporary admin account?

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

It seems that your server isn't able to check the size of avatars... :/.  With the limits off, it seems to work.

-[Unknown]

jerridwills

jerridwills

Just to give the community closure.  I just reinstalled the forums and all is fine now.

Advertisement: