News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by meraj, November 25, 2004, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meraj

hi,

i just installed smf a few days ago... everything seems to work fine, except for uploading avatars.. when i or anyoe on my board tries to upload an axatar, it will show up partially corrupted... like the top half will be fine, but the bottom half will be all garbled and corrupted. the folder permissions are fine, the images im trying to upload are fine, and ive tried it from more than one computer and i still have the same problem.. any ideas whats going on here?

[Unknown]

Link to your forum?

Do attachments work properly?

-[Unknown]

meraj

http://www.uabmsa.org/forum/ [nofollow]

and no. attachments have issues too.. it seems to post 2 of each attachment. and i have the attachment size set at 128k each.. but it still keeps saying the attachments are too big if i try to attach anything thats close to but still less than 128k. and the ones that do post, then tend to have the same problmes as avatars, they end up being partially corrupted.

[Unknown]

Sounds like general upload issues.

I was able to successfully upload an image...
http://www.uabmsa.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=18;sa=summary

I'll need permission to post attachments to be able to test that.  Definitely should nto post them twice...

-[Unknown]

meraj

oops, sorry.. i set the permissions straight now.

and also, the avatar i tried to uploaded was 64x64.. check my profile on the board, and you'll see what i mean, its half messed up. but yours was much smaller so maybe that had somethign to do  with why it worked right?

heres is what mine looks like:

http://www.uabmsa.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1 [nofollow]

[Unknown]

I'm going to need to see a phpinfo.php...

What is phpinfo.php?

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

How large... in bytes, are the images you're trying to upload?  Your server only allows them to be 2 megabytes, but that should be fine and definitely should not cause distortion.

I still don't have permission to view attachments, and when I try to post them I only get an immediate timeout from the server... almost as if the POST request is being denied.

-[Unknown]

meraj

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 29, 2004, 04:29:19 AM
How large... in bytes, are the images you're trying to upload?  Your server only allows them to be 2 megabytes, but that should be fine and definitely should not cause distortion.

I still don't have permission to view attachments, and when I try to post them I only get an immediate timeout from the server... almost as if the POST request is being denied.

-[Unknown]

hmm.. well if you go here:

http://www.uabmsa.org/forum/index.php?topic=23.0 [nofollow]

i tried posting an image thats less than 40k.. it posted two entries for it, and neither of them show up. its as if its not properly uploading the entire image.

and btw you shoudl have permission to access attachments, i set all ungrouped registered users to have attachment view/upload permissions... "meraj" is my admin account, and "meraj_test" is my test normal user account... they both have access to attachments, but neother of them will upload correctly.

and yea, i get that timeout error often too... i try to post a message, with or without an attachment, it it just repeatedly tells me it keep timing out almost instantly.

could this be a bug, or a server-side issue?

[Unknown]

I'm guessing a server side issue, personally, simply because it would onyl generate two attachments if multiple array elements were defined, or if something was not uploaded properly.

Can you try uploading Sources/Post.php again, from a clean copy, just in case it was corrupted?

The image I attempted to post was 13 kilobytes.  Somehow it found a lot more out of that...

-[Unknown]

meraj

*sigh*.. i moved back to my old webhost and it works perfectly.. go figure ::) thanx for the help though  :)

Advertisement: