Opportunity to make a copy of some specific topic with all messages in it

Started by SpelingMistakes, November 12, 2007, 07:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpelingMistakes

With one my friend I have succeed to make something which I have search for a long time – here on smf forum – opportunity to make a copy of some specific topic with all messages in it – That work fine, with some glitches - putting that topic in a some kind of cache and similar which is solved simply by going in maintenance and fixing errors with that. We solved even statistic and similar things which someone earlier say it will be huge problem – again with glitches but all is fixed by simple way of doing - Recount all forum totals and statistics – in my admin panel. I use this kind of copy topic few days, and I didn't notice any irregularity in case of forum work.

Now I am interested in next – about SMF 2 – Is it all same as earlier in case of database or? Will something change in a dramatically way that this will be unusable or?

PS I have one suggestion for SMF 2.0 – I think it will help, and I think it is not problem to implement those two things:

1.   About first I already say something here –
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=203703.0

2.   Another one thing is Increase/Decrease Postbox Size mod which is some kind of need for much of a forums – I think that default area for a message isn't enough for at least 40-60% of messages even here – not to speak about other smf forums trough world.

Thanks in advance for all answers

Spel
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

Advertisement: