News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

mostly invision 1.3F questions

Started by weekend camper, October 10, 2004, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekend camper

OK, finally got the test board converted from Invision 1.3F to SMF RC1

posts, members all cool.  I've looked for the ansers to the following but didn't find them.  A url in the right direction would be cool.

1 - what is the best way to make the avatars switch?  I know that some are copyrighted, but the guys also had uploaded a lot of their own? 

2 - I wanted to start the new SMF site as clean as possible.  Will NOT converting attachments cause problems (ie, just ditching them completely).

3 - isn't really a question, but a pinned FAQ post might help some of us "converters" out.

TIA

[Unknown]

Hmm... well, avatars are converted with attachments, I believe.

-[Unknown]

weekend camper

Thanks.  That makes sense.

I have more to ask though ...

1 - I have "last posted date/thread" issues when converted the same as this thread here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15736.0

and I did:
QuoteThe "last post by" column can be solved by clicking Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Recount all forum totals and statistics. (the converter is not completely done, and is still in the beta stage, but this should fix many issues.)

but it didn't help.  I also did a "find and repair all errors" as well. 

Question is: is there a newer convertor or some other fix for the bogus last posted dates/threads?

2 - the sigs converted to plain HTML coding as well (you see the img tags on some of them)
reference thread:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=14505.0

Question is: is there a newer convertor or some other fix for sigs?

PS  Really impressed with the improvements your team has made in the past few months.

[Unknown]

Are you sure you used the most recent converter?

I just updated them again, in case.

You may have to do a repair, and then after that a recount.... does that help at all?

-[Unknown]

weekend camper

Did as you posted above (I redownloaded the converter too).

Buts still not right, signatures, birthdays, last posted thread dates.... :'(

Will see about cleaning up /repairing the Invision database before I convert  ... maybe the problem is there instead.

[Unknown]

Quote from: weekend camper on October 10, 2004, 09:59:01 PM
Did as you posted above (I redownloaded the converter too).

Buts still not right, signatures, birthdays, last posted thread dates.... :'(

Birthdays and signatures should be resolved by the current converter... last post dates are mussed, until you do a repair...

I don't suppose I could ask for FTP?

-[Unknown]

weekend camper

Of course [Unknown].

I need to fix some unrelated issues on that server, then I'll PM you the info.

And thanks.

weekend camper

(this post for "bookkeeping purposes" -- to quote [Unknown] in another post)

First, I am talking about two different host's servers.  One is my test server, the other is the new-to-me-real-live-host-that-isn't-activated-yet.

I (re)did a fresh install of Invision + db (got rid of ALL mods'  tables).  I then used the invision-to-smf converter.  The last post dates were still messed.  Then I did an upgrade to SMF RC2. 

I was amzed when the last posted dates corrected themselves.  The birthdays and sigs are still not right, but the guys can fix those easy enough I think.

If you want to troubleshoot this, let me know, otherwise I'll sign off as happy camper.  (pun intended)

[Unknown]

Sorry, only got home not too long ago.  I'll take a look at this soon.

-[Unknown]

dwayne

Quote from: weekend camper on October 11, 2004, 09:04:07 PM
(this post for "bookkeeping purposes" -- to quote [Unknown] in another post)

First, I am talking about two different host's servers. One is my test server, the other is the new-to-me-real-live-host-that-isn't-activated-yet.

I (re)did a fresh install of Invision + db (got rid of ALL mods' tables). I then used the invision-to-smf converter. The last post dates were still messed. Then I did an upgrade to SMF RC2.

I was amzed when the last posted dates corrected themselves. The birthdays and sigs are still not right, but the guys can fix those easy enough I think.

If you want to troubleshoot this, let me know, otherwise I'll sign off as happy camper. (pun intended)

you mean you first installed RC1??

then upgraded it to RC2??

that solved the problem? really!?

so there's no problem now?

might as well, do what you did...

Grudge

Going to Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Repair Any Errors and then Recount should also solve this
I'm only a half geek really...

Advertisement: