Any eta on phpbb3?

Started by Kesk, November 18, 2007, 12:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kesk

I run a phpbb3 board and would really love to switch it over to smf. Ive read the few posts here where Jay said he was starting a converter. Just curious.

Thanks!

SleePy

It is still in development at the moment.
I wouldn't expect to see anything until phpbb3 is final as more database changes may occur to phpbb3 I am guessing.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

I was supposed to finish it two weeks ago but I have like 6 late papers and two exams tomorrow so I've been real busy with that :(.

* JayBachatero curses at his professors and all the work they give.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Kesk

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 26, 2007, 11:51:51 AM
I was supposed to finish it two weeks ago but I have like 6 late papers and two exams tomorrow so I've been real busy with that :(.

* JayBachatero curses at his professors and all the work they give.

NP Jay, I was just coming to this thread to let anyone in a huge hurry to get to SMF from PHPBB3 you can take this route:

Convert to punbb using the instructions in this thread:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17559 [nofollow]

then use the converter here to convert from punbb to SMF. I did it today with no problems. The only thing is i didnt take the  time to install the PM mod and POLL mod for punbb so i didnt get to convert PMs and POLLS, which was not an issue for me.

I also wanted to say how much I love SMF and look forward to having my site grow with it!

redone

Thanks for posting that advice. It will help those seeking to convert whilst Jay finishes off the phpBB3 converter.

;)

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: