News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Inactive/hidden topic

Started by EliTe_ThuT, November 25, 2007, 03:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliTe_ThuT

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.4
Hi,
I have seen this once but I can't find it anymore...

I would like to find the mod that allow you to post new topics (as an admin) without "publishing" them...So there are only saved...but nobody can see them except you, until you publish them.

karlbenson

Topic/post pre-approval is currently not available in smf 1.1.x, nor as a mod.

However in future it will be in smf 2.0 by default.

(where you have to approve posts before they are shown)

EliTe_ThuT

Well, I don't need that function anyway...

I just need a function that allow admins and/or moderators to save there post without publishing them, so the "normal" users can't see that topic. When they are ready to pusblish it, then they can. And people can now see the topic.

karlbenson

Hiding posts to users except admins/posts is the same.
And its not currently available.

The only option is create a hidden forum, and then move posts when you want publish them.

EliTe_ThuT

Are you sure? Even with mods? I'm almost sure that I saw this once. There was a mod to do this...

karlbenson

No, hiding until approve/publish per topic or post is currently NOT available either as a feature, nor as a mod.

Until SMF 2.0, it will not be available
Still alot of people have requested it be backported or a mod created for it.
But I personally doubt people will want to waste timing duplicating something that will be a feature in future.

Furthermore in my opinion, it would be a very difficult mod to make, and the no. of active people making mods who are capable of implementing it, is very limited (? less than a dozen)

EliTe_ThuT

Ok, thanks a lot for you complete answer ;)

Advertisement: