Looking back- an interview with Joseph Fung, Jeff Lewis and [Unknown]

Started by An-Old_User, December 02, 2007, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoTmetal

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on January 02, 2008, 10:55:31 AM
Quote from: rickC on December 27, 2007, 04:38:20 PM
Joseph  still runs LM, you can view his blogg site @ http://www.josephfung.ca/ or on
Jeff's helps on LW from time to time and has his site. http://www.lewisonline.ca/

My buddy Joe is taking Lewis Media to some cool places and has some really innovative stuff going on with their main product there.

I am currently working for a local developer spearheading a product that is used by work at home businesses and is doing pretty good.
Welcome to your post Jeff... Thanks for the update.
(And thanks for the add @ FB btw.... ) :D

Jpg

Thank you guys for SMF.
I started out doing SMF themes for my sites, now I'm making money doing designs for people.

Note: [Unknown] is my hero.  [Unknown] ftw!

Check out our Smf and TP themes!
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/

Peregrinus

norhe

forums out!!!!! at www.unknownscape.com/norhe :)

JoshieDaMan

I was reading it like almost all night. All what I have to say is that I am very impressed of improvement you have made from old software to new brand of software SMF. All of you made the best software for a forums possible out in there in this world and which I like. And I am very glad that all of you didn't give up considering some of you thinking that creating a brand of software SMF immediately was on accident. Now it is not accident, it is a purpose since thousands of webmasters are using SMF as a site, and a forums.

Smf all the way!

Spaceman-Spiff

tatore

*Salvo*

Quote from: RumbaarI wont jump to conclusion, but you might be hacked?

Spaceman-Spiff

Woe, it was that his name wasn't known, that he came in mystery, and was recognized by none. And it became to be in those days something.  Something not yet unknown to mankind.  And thus what was to be known the secret project began into its existence.  Henceforth the opposition was only weary and fearful, for now their match was at arms against them.

jack

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on April 08, 2008, 01:59:56 PM
Woe, it was that his name wasn't known, that he came in mystery, and was recognized by none. And it became to be in those days something.  Something not yet unknown to mankind.  And thus what was to be known the secret project began into its existence.  Henceforth the opposition was only weary and fearful, for now their match was at arms against them.
The Book of unknown 2:18

(jeez.. the number of people who can't attribute quotes these days ;))

hehe .. when was the second quote added?

And it came to pass that the unbelievers dwindled in number and saw rise of many proselytizers, and the opposition found fear in the face of the x and the j while those who stood with the something grew stronger and came together.  Still, this was only the beginning, and what lay in the future was unknown to all, even those on the right side.
The Book of Unknown, 4:16

I'll leave the third fragment for the true believers to find :)

SwapsRulez

Quote from: tatore on January 01, 2008, 09:19:01 AM
I'm still learning tons of tricks reading the [unknown] posts and answers.
Meantime I've understood that he doesn't like to be celebrated with a "requiem" soundtrack (or better he doesn't like to be celebrated at least)-
Personally I've stopped to ask to myself what about him actually, and I just try to take the best (there's not worst, though) from his great, elegant and powerful contribution he left to the SMF community even now, because what he wrote in  34,901 posts still remain available for everyone-
Thank you, [Unknown], for all things you've done for SMF.

Sorry guys, I'm somewhat late here but the text i quoted are my words also. [Unknown] is real hero for the community & we should do something for make him feel more proud by his members. If in future, when SMF is going to expand the community to deal with other products, we can name it [Unknown] to show that we do care about you. Sorry, i have to say soo many things. But due to language problems, i can't express myself in proper words.

Thanks to rickC for giving us such a nice interview.

Thanks to all community developers, support team members who are there 24/7 to help. Also thanks to all the people who contributed to the project, but still are [Unknown]. :(
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

Kenny01

I take my hat off for these guys, for creating such a wonderful free software and for those keeping it rolling.

ianus

Want to
Quote from: tatore on January 01, 2008, 09:19:01 AM
I'm still learning tons of tricks reading the [unknown] posts and answers.
Meantime I've understood that he doesn't like to be celebrated with a "requiem" soundtrack (or better he doesn't like to be celebrated at least)-
Personally I've stopped to ask to myself what about him actually, and I just try to take the best (there's not worst, though) from his great, elegant and powerful contribution he left to the SMF community even now, because what he wrote in  34,901 posts still remain available for everyone-
Thank you, [Unknown], for all things you've done for SMF.
because this is exactly what I think.

But with this in mind, I like to drop a note about the today's SMF team (and the huge number of users who offer a helping hand). The way they continue what this guys have initially started is  outstanding. It's nice to think about the "good old times" but what I see here in this days seems to have picked up the challenge and seem to master it when it comes to stable software, improvement and support.

HoTmetal

Quote from: DakOon on February 09, 2009, 08:35:05 AM
Great interview Thanks...

No problem, it was fun to do, talking with those who made SMF from the beginning, and it was an experience working with the current team. Its good to see people still check this out. :D

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

archiebald

[Unknown] is to SMF what The Stig is to Top Gear.

I bet they even stole the idea!!

JBlaze

Great interview rick  :P

I actually took the time to read it in full. I just can't believe the dedication it takes to read EVERY post!

[Unknown] is possibly one of the greatest people alive in the forum software community. Not to say Jeff Lewis and Joseph Fung aren't :P

I forsee SMF lasting until the day the internet or the world doesn't exist.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

HoTmetal

Quote from: JBlaze on April 12, 2009, 05:42:28 AM
Great interview rick  :P

I actually took the time to read it in full. I just can't believe the dedication it takes to read EVERY post!

[Unknown] is possibly one of the greatest people alive in the forum software community. Not to say Jeff Lewis and Joseph Fung aren't :P

I forsee SMF lasting until the day the internet or the world doesn't exist.

Yeah, [Unknown] was/is unreal... I recall being a CM when he was around and he'd fix any issue himself in 20-30 minutes. His dedication is something the whole team takes to heart. Now as a team, there just isn't enough time in the day. Also remember when [Unknown] was on the team, SMF only had <5,000 members(apx, I didn't look it up)

I'm not trying to take away from [Unknown], just trying to credit the current team who has kept up the traditions of [Unknown] , and the team of old. I'm glad to see the community not take for granted everything that goes into dev'ing a software such as SMF. It takes an immense amount of dedication, time, and more time :D

As SMF has grown, so has the user base of the community. As we've promoted it, the demographics/users have changed. In the beginning, SMF was the forum build by devs for devs, but with the advent of click and install, and click and upgrade, and click to add mod, SMF has expanded to reach more users. I must commend the team for keeping the close knit team, even at 100k+ users.

Yet, still I hold a special place in my heart for those who "give back" or find a way to contribute even with their limited skills. I mean I know my way around PHP, but not to the extent of the dev team, or the support team for that matter. But even before I joined the team, I tried HARD to '"give back" to the community. Its good to see we still have that type of user base.

Thanks again to the team, and the community!!

Advertisement: