News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[BETA] Multiple personas mod

Started by jack, December 03, 2004, 09:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Ahh, you meant in the code that is executed during Mod install!

* jack is enlighened :D

jack

OK, I have updated this, and done some quick testing on SMF 1.1 Beta 3 and 4.

Should work off a clean install of SMF.

Sai

Can someone make an update of this mod? I'm really needing it and it is the only thing I could find. I tried installing it, but when I click on the "Assign Available Personas", it says an error occurs and it cannot show me the "edit personas" template.

Much help will be appreciated!

Gwydion Frost

I like the concept.

I'd like to see a slightly different tweak on it, however.

What if the board itself would recognize you, and displayed the board appropriate profile/persona for the post...? Thus, once creating the persona, you'd not need to be concerned whether you've posted to the correct place with the correct id, because it would do it for you!

pjr

Is this mod still available if so where? even if unsupported I like to use this

jack

I'm still here .. occasionally :)

The files should be available from various posts in this thread.

Gwydion, I like that idea! I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to work on that, but I'll think on how best to do it.

jack

I have just updated this for the 1.1 release, and it now works with the new default theme.

Two things I've noticed :-
  • The forum settings option to globally dis/enable it is hiding with the Karma setting.
  • You will have to manually edit Settings.php if you try to use a persona whilst the board is in Maintenance mode.

I'll get both of those problems sorted soon.

Abangyarudo

I'm having problems I have Smf 1.1.1 unfornatly it doesn't work as there is no way to switch personas. When I install it I get
Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/english/persona.gif 
2. Extract File ./Sources/Personas.php 
3. Extract File ./Themes/default/Personas.template.php 
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
12. Execute Code PersonasDB.php

Modify: I fixed the problem it was with my themes index.template.php. I am using Black Rain by Crip so in the interest of helping anybody with similar issues heres what I did. After installing the mod edit index.template.php. This is only through trial and error and observing the differences in coding it may not work with other themes. 
Find
// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist"><span>' , $txt[331] , '</span></a></li>';

Insert After it
if (allowedTo('personas_change'))
echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=personas"><span>' , $txt['personas_menu'] , '</span></a></li>';

Gwydion Frost

Quote from: jack on May 02, 2006, 07:13:28 PMGwydion, I like that idea! I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to work on that, but I'll think on how best to do it.

Well, if you are setting up personas, then they need permissions. And permissions can be set up so that the Board would allow ID "A" or "B" to be the poster...

Thus, one could designate a board as IC or OOC... ;)

Abangyarudo

I'm having another not so serious issue error.
8: Undefined index: persona
/home/content/A/b/a/Abangyarudo/html/NewYork/smf/Sources/Load.php

line 428 has this line && (is_numeric($_REQUEST['persona']) || is_numeric($_SESSION['persona']) ) ) {

jack

Aye, I spotted that one recently too (trust me to not look at error logs enough ::)

I'll get that fixed soon.

jack

Well it only took a couple of moths to get it packaged up ::)

My apologies, work got really crazy for the past few months, meaning I couldn't concentrate on pretty much anything :-/

Oh well, fixed now. This will happily upgrade from 0.9.2

Abangyarudo

Quote from: jack on August 11, 2007, 07:25:15 AM
Well it only took a couple of moths to get it packaged up ::)

My apologies, work got really crazy for the past few months, meaning I couldn't concentrate on pretty much anything :-/

Oh well, fixed now. This will happily upgrade from 0.9.2

np understandable thanks for the update but personally I received an error installing then the error log shows two of the error with a different line number

8: Undefined index: persona
/home/content/A/b/a/Abangyarudo/html/NewYork/smf/Sources/Load.php

jack

What version of SMF are you using?

You should not have recieved any errors during installation.

Can you send me a copy of your Load.php please?

Abangyarudo

1.1.3 I couldn't find how to attach it with the new site layout I'll try sending in pm

jack

Hmm .. looks like you managed to get the older version installed twice somehow (or at lesat the mod in Load.php is in there twice).

I'll fix your Load.php file and mail it back to you.

Abangyarudo

Quote from: jack on August 15, 2007, 01:56:32 PM
Hmm .. looks like you managed to get the older version installed twice somehow (or at lesat the mod in Load.php is in there twice).

I'll fix your Load.php file and mail it back to you.

thanks I apperciate it

AnnaLee

Hi,

Okay, up uploaded the mod to my site, but I don't see a Personas tab or anyplace on the member accounts where I can give permission for accounts to have multiple personas.  However, I am not using the default them and I don't know enough about coding to understand what I'm seeing.  Can someone help?  I'd like to use my forum for an RP game, but I need to make sure they can have multiple accounts for their characters and, if they can, what options they have with those accounts.

Thanks!

Anna

Abangyarudo

Quote from: AnnaLee on September 09, 2007, 05:02:24 PM
Hi,

Okay, up uploaded the mod to my site, but I don't see a Personas tab or anyplace on the member accounts where I can give permission for accounts to have multiple personas.  However, I am not using the default them and I don't know enough about coding to understand what I'm seeing.  Can someone help?  I'd like to use my forum for an RP game, but I need to make sure they can have multiple accounts for their characters and, if they can, what options they have with those accounts.

Thanks!

Anna

what theme are you using?

AnnaLee

Space, designed by simply sibyl. 

Advertisement: