Mambo-SMF Bridge FAQ

Started by Orstio, December 04, 2004, 01:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

It seems that those modules are not multiple-database friendly.

I'll fix them for the next release (coming soon).

b_michael

Alright. I'll hang tight till then (so Kindred's suggestion won't work?) Because I'm not sure what the relivant headers are  ???

Orstio

When you get an error with a message like this in it:

Database Error: Table 'maleagep_mamb1.smf_log_online' doesn't exist

It probably means you have the wrong database selected for querying.

This function:

mysql_select_db();

Selects the proper database in which to perform queries.

The Mambo database name is stored in a variable named $mosConfig_db.
The SMF database name is stored in a variable named $db_name.

So, before each query to the Mambo database, you'll want to add:

mysql_select_db($mosConfig_db);

You can distinguish the queries to the Mambo database by the table prefix variable $mos_prefix.

And likewise, before each query to the SMF database, you'll want to add:

mysql_select_db($db_name);

You can distinguish the queries to the SMF database by the table prefix variable $smf_prefix.

At the end of the module, you will want to exit back to Mambo, so you'll want to select the Mambo database at the end of the file, just before the "?>".

Or, you can wait for the next release.  ;)

b_michael

Thanks for the effort Orstio, but I have NO PHP/SQL experiance.  :(

And things are working fairly well...  :)

I can wait for these modules, but not too long  ;)

b_michael

I'm going to bug you again  :)

What handles what tasks with the bridge? I wanto use some of the Mambo addins designed to allow me to collect more info at registration? Is it ok to do this?

Orstio

QuoteWhat handles what tasks with the bridge? I wanto use some of the Mambo addins designed to allow me to collect more info at registration? Is it ok to do this?

Registration is handled by smf_registration.php, and the HTML form for that is handled by smf_registration.html.php.

sonny1

OK I want to edit the smf temple so that it fits properly into mambo what do I have to change to get it working properly.

Kindred

First on all...   which SMF theme and which mambo template?

second... you'll have to play around...   That's what we've done.

I have the Winterloon theme and I am going to release a version of the Helios Theme that is designed to work with the AkoDarkGem template...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

b_michael

I'm having a VERY odd problem in the process of beta testing my new site...

When I try to do a test registration: The first time the registration form showed up and it was obviusly the SMF module, it was consistant with the forum theme, etc... I completed the registration and it sent me to a blank page The account did not register...

The next time I clicked register, the formed showed up with additional fields AND was consistant with the theme of my site (I'm assuming the mambo module..) I filled out that registration form....

It worked perfectly!

So I clicked on register again... Turns out that 50% of the time it goes to the correct registration form, and 50% of the time it doesn't.  Every other click....

Any suggestions???

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I accidently deleted the mambo login module today (it was already unpublished) the module still shows in my Mambo folder but doesn't show in the admin panel. Could this be the problem? If so, How do I resolve it?

Orstio

Do you have a URL for this?  You can PM it if you don't want it public.

QuoteEDIT: I forgot to mention that I accidently deleted the mambo login module today (it was already unpublished) the module still shows in my Mambo folder but doesn't show in the admin panel. Could this be the problem? If so, How do I resolve it?

This probably has nothing to do with your problem.  But, you can restore it by going to your Mambo trash, and restoring the module.  It should still be in there.

b_michael

I tried to start over with the updated version of the bridge.. now things are all messed up.... I'm getting continous errors from the subs.php file... so I restored a backup of that file with the new elements...

Now the logout function sends me to a blank page and the forum shoes up initially on my homepage.....

:'(

EDIT: Starting from scratch, doing all manual installations with the latest versions. This should be interesting.

b_michael

Ok...

I've installed both SMF and Mambo in the same database, installed the bridge controls, etc... After editing the blueportal theme with the single database code I get:

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/content/forum/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/content/templates/akoblueportal-smf/index.php on line 21

Warning: main(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/content/forum/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/content/templates/akoblueportal-smf/index.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/content/forum/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/content/templates/akoblueportal-smf/index.php on line 21

Yes SSI.php is there (in SMF) and CHMOD'd to 644

The other thing that I was wondering about was the lack of something asking what the database is... Is there supposed to be something there? I saw a mention of it and I dont see it on either the options or the registration.

Thanks

Kindred

the newest version of the bridge doesn't require setting the database name.

What I see as the likely problem is that you don't have the SMF absolute path set correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3v

Don't think this question is answered in the FAQ. Can I change the size of the wrapped used by the bridge? The integration went just fine however the Forum takes less space in the Mambo window than i want it too. There is still some space on the right side of the screen ( I only have modules on the left and the top) that's not filled up by forum as well as some space on the top between my site's banner and the forum's header ( home/login/register/etc buttons). I would like to know if I can change the wrapper's dimensions so that the forum takes as much space as possible in my integration. Thanks for your time and possibly response.

Kindred

this would likely be a mambo template issue...

If there's still "bar space" on the right side, it is probably because your mambo template doesn't check if right-sdie modules exist and hide the table-column if they don't...   this has been discussed a number of times, actually...
Слaва
Украинi

d3v

Actually the space on the right side is not wide enough for a module and the space on top could probably fit 2 modules. Anyways thanks for telling me that this issue is know. I shall search around some more. For right now here is a screenshot of how it is:

Direct link in case that doesn't work:

http://d3v.clanhq.net/img/greysmf.gif

Open Space is what needs to go.

Kindred

hmmm.... when I go to your forum within mambo, it seems OK to me... ther's a small buffer between the forum and the edge of the screen, but nothign major (and without that buffer, things would look crowded to the edge)
Слaва
Украинi

blackcatplanet

kindred and d3v, it might help to describe the browsers and other environmental factors you're using, so you can try to narrow down the possible causes/effects in regard to this issue
.               >^.^<                      Info: Bridge 3.16, SMF 1.0.3, Mambo 4.5.2.1 phpshop ed.
          Black Cat Planet              Remote Host: godaddy.com [nofollow], Apache w/linux server, MySQL 3.23.49, Php 4.3.11
     Two-Person Admin Team       Local Host: Windows w/Xampp 1.4.11 (MySQL 1.4.8, php 4.3.10)
http://www.blackcatplanet.com [nofollow] - But we're working on: http://www.blackcatplanet.com/blackcathome [nofollow]

*Want*: M

d3v

firefox 1.0.3 1024x768 res
going to repost after i re-install forum and try couple of things. I hope this is in fact an an environment issue.

sdl

I'm trying to edit the absolute path in mambo/components/com_smf/smr.php - but I can't save it. I can't CHMOD it or anything else. Somehow it's become the property of apache rather than owner. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what caused this, or how I can get the file back, short of bugging the hosting company to do it for me? 

Advertisement: