MOS_SFM Intregated login problem

Started by madfiddler, December 05, 2004, 08:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfiddler

The instructions tell me to..

4) Go to your Mambo template, and add the following code, right before the </head> tag:

<?php
global $sc, $context;

if (!defined('SMF')){
  require ($mosConfig_absolute_path."/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php");
  require ($smf_path."/SSI.php");
}

$sc = &$context['session_id'];
$_SESSION['USER_AGENT'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

?>

However I get an error The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

I'm using the default mambo theme to test this all out..

Thanks,

Mark.

Orstio

In Mambo, they are called templates.  In SMF, they are themes.  So, when you get this error:

The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

It is referring to your SMF theme, not your Mambo template.

madfiddler

ok, thanks. So I checked the default theme's directory, and the theme I'm using and everything is fine.. as can be seen here

http://www.fiddleforum.com/mamboforum

but I'm still getting the error

http://www.fiddleforum.com/mambotest01

jorgen

I wish we had a seperate forum for this bridge.
The need for support is getting big, and I feel it's hard to navigate in just a few threads.
Or maube we could get a subforum here?

Anyway, I have a problem with the register and login on the bridge.
It works fine when I register or login through the frontpage (mambo), but if I enter the forum and tries to register from there, I get the smf-registration. And when I login in the forum, I login to SMF only, not mambo.
I've replaced "action=login2" and "action=logout" in the SMF-theme as suggested in the readme.

I've read through the documentation several times now without finding the solution.

One more thing. Is it possible to get a search-box to SMF in Mambo frontpage?

jorgen

Note, this happens when I use the logon/register-buttons in the default theme im SMF.

But I think I'll solve it by removing those buttons from my theme. I dont need them anyway.
Simpler is better, Right?

Quote from: jorgen on December 05, 2004, 02:12:11 PMI have a problem with the register and login on the bridge.
It works fine when I register or login through the frontpage (mambo), but if I enter the forum and tries to register from there, I get the smf-registration. And when I login in the forum, I login to SMF only, not mambo.
I've replaced "action=login2" and "action=logout" in the SMF-theme as suggested in the readme.

Goosemoose

Quote from: madfiddler on December 05, 2004, 10:47:06 AM
ok, thanks. So I checked the default theme's directory, and the theme I'm using and everything is fine.. as can be seen here

http://www.fiddleforum.com/mamboforum

but I'm still getting the error

http://www.fiddleforum.com/mambotest01

I was getting this exact same error. I'm not sure how I ended up fixing it though, but I ran the repair file in the downloads section here at SMF, and I also deleted my default directory and re-uploaded it. The problem seems to be gone now. I had the same situation, I would only get that error when looking through mambo.

Goosemoose

It will work find, and only the administrator will see the error message. Sometimes you will actually see it twice, stacked on top of each other. I think it might come from messing with the templates too much ;)

Orstio

Oh, I see now.  Your default theme directory should be here:

http://www.fiddleforum.com/mamboforum/Themes/default/

Check you SMF settings.

jorgen

Another login/register-question:

If I register with an existing username, the registerform tells me with a nice dialogbox that the username/password is already in use and that I should choose another.. Great.

But If I try to register with an existing email-adress, I get a pure SMF-picture with the message "An Error Has Occurred!", but no more explenation.
Is it possible to make this error as nice and descriptive as the username-dialigbox?

madfiddler

Thanks Goosemoose, I'll give it a go.

Orstio - that's the problem. My default directories are set up correctly, the directories are correct. If I click save, the error goes away, but as soon as I click on another page on the forum, back come the errors.

On the mambo front end, I get one copy of the error. Going to the forum from mambo, I get two copies of the error.

Also, if I go to forum admin, themes and settings and click on the default theme on the right (where you can choose a theme to edit), the error goes away... until I click to another page.

Jorgen - you may get an answer if you start your own thread rather than hijacking someone elses?

Orstio

QuoteOrstio - that's the problem. My default directories are set up correctly, the directories are correct. If I click save, the error goes away, but as soon as I click on another page on the forum, back come the errors.

On the mambo front end, I get one copy of the error. Going to the forum from mambo, I get two copies of the error.

What is the path you specified in your Mambo backend?

madfiddler

do you mean the path to SMF?

/home/(myusername)/public_html/mamboforum

(btw, you have to edit that config file by hand, mambo backend won't save it)

Goosemoose

Quote from: madfiddler on December 06, 2004, 05:24:59 PM
do you mean the path to SMF?

/home/(myusername)/public_html/mamboforum

(btw, you have to edit that config file by hand, mambo backend won't save it)

Orstio fixed that, there is a fix on the mambo website

Orstio

Quote/home/(myusername)/public_html/mamboforum

Yes, that's it.

Now, in your SMF, check the path to the Themes directory.  Is it

/home/(myusername)/public_html/mamboforum/Themes

or

/home/(myusername)/public_html/fiddleforum/Themes

?

madfiddler

Problem solved. My theme directory was set as

./Themes/default/

which works fine for a standard SMF install. However, for it to run in mambo, it needs to be the full path then. :)

Advertisement: