Integrated Chat Mod

Started by Goosemoose, December 05, 2004, 08:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Quote from: goosemoose on December 08, 2004, 12:37:35 PM
Quote from: Jerry on December 07, 2004, 10:31:56 PM
Goosemoose I installed this perfectly (one of the first dloaders :P) I only had a problem with it adding extra <br />'s to the template. I thought this was a good idea =) is there a way you use another irc server then the default? I would put it on my current site to replace my current chat room if that was possible :)

Hmm, where was it adding an extra <br /> ? Unfortunately this will only work with brodle's everywherechat.com irc server. Although you can still connect to his server with a mirc client as well, check out http://www.everywherechat.com because of the security. I had the same issue with a java help program I made for the old bbs TradeWars game, there isn't a way to get it to connect to a server the script isn't hosted on.
it added a br before the how many users in chat on the stats center on the bottom of the index, and one to my admin menu. .

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Alexandre P.

Hi Goosemoose,

I installed your Integrated Chat Mod without problem, and it works well :)

I am currently working on translating it.  May I give you some suggestions:

- Why don't you put all the chat strings in Modifications.english.php instead of separating them in various places (index.english.php, ModSettings.english.php, Who.english.php, etc.) ?  Putting all the strings at one place would be easier for translations, I believe.
- You should add a string for the "Float" button and the "powered by everywherechat.com (terms use)" in the chat page, for the "There are currently x people talking in the chat room" in the InfoCenter, and for the $context['page_title'] variable in Chat.php.
- Your default chat template is not compliant with XHTML 1.0 Transitionnal specifications :P

Your mod is great, and I really enjoy it :)  Congratulations!
(I'll share my translation when it's done ;) )
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Goosemoose

Quote from: Ap2 on December 08, 2004, 06:32:36 PM

- You should add a string for the "Float" button and the "powered by everywherechat.com (terms use)" in the chat page, for the "There are currently x people talking in the chat room" in the InfoCenter, and for the $context['page_title'] variable in Chat.php.
- Your default chat template is not compliant with XHTML 1.0 Transitionnal specifications :P

I didn't realize I forgot to add the float button. I'll add that. I'm not sure what you mean by adding to the info center? I already have the number of people in chat and who they are listed in the info center. I'll look into the XHTML 1.0 specs. I'll put everything into modifications.php too, I had started with my YabbSE mod and worked from there so I missed some of the ways SMF has made things better.

Alexandre P.

Quote from: goosemoose on December 08, 2004, 06:47:53 PMI'm not sure what you mean by adding to the info center? I already have the number of people in chat and who they are listed in the info center.
I mean making the "There are currently x people talking in the chat room" as a language string instead of being hard coded in BoardIndex.template.php ;)
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Goosemoose

Ahh, gotcha. I'll work on that. I also want to recode the admin panel settings to make a drop down list for the different languages. Or at create a help file. You can change it to over 10 languages by changing the embedded to things like spanish,french,etc..

Alexandre P.

Hop!  Just finished my translation (attached to this message).  As I said, I share it ;)

Goosemoose

I'm guessing that FR means it's french? Were you able to change the language of the actual chat okay buy changing language to french in the admin panel?

Alexandre P.

Yes FR is French ;)
For the language switching, I believe it makes it.  You could check the code if you want :)

Bushwaiter

Quote1. Go into your admin panel and edit the chat settings under mod settings.
2. Make sure your room name doesn't exist on the server first.
Then once you have gone in the room double click on it to register yourself and your other mods as ops.

I don't see any "chat settings" when I go to admin.....and I don't see "mod settings" ......

"your other mods as ops" please rephrase I don't understand...

I understand that it is possible that all my forum members will automatically always enter the same room (I created), or can they create a seperate room?

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

Alexandre P.

You should edit the chat mod settings in Admin > Edit Features and Options > Integrated Chat Settings.

"your other mods as ops" means that you should set all your other forum moderators and administrators as room operators.

QuoteI understand that it is possible that all my forum members will automatically always enter the same room (I created), or can they create a seperate room?
I hope Goosemoose better understand your phrase :P  Your forum members, when entering in the chat, are automatically joined to the room you specified in the Integrated Chat Settings.  Can they create their own chatroom? maybe, I'm not sure.  But they are automatically logged into the room you set in your forum preferences.

Goosemoose

They can't create their own room, they can only join the room you created as AP2 stated. The rest of what he said was true too.

Bushwaiter

Thanks for the info. The chat is working!!

Somehow, however, IE doesn't open mij index page completely anymore (only the header and not the rest) Mozilla and Opera don't have that problem.. It might have nothing to do with te integration of chat. Do you guys have a clue?

gr.

Bushwaiter
International Vulcan Forum: http://vulcanriders.net

Pause

Quote from: goosemoose on December 07, 2004, 01:41:03 PM
Mattitude: You can't use this with any other server, you are loading a javascript that is stored on the irc servers' server. Brodle has been kind enough to host all of our chat rooms for the past few years.
Well, I'm not saying I'm ungrateful, but as I'm going to be running an IRC server, I would have wanted to have it point to that one instead (nothing personal), and I actually checked through the files and found the link to the javascript file, but unfortunately as I do not know javascript, I do not know which bits to modify, and to what exactly.
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

nvbk

Hey,

Nice work.
I will download it and install.

My login = ikkehier you can dump it.

;)

Goosemoose

Quote from: Mattitude on December 10, 2004, 06:25:49 AM
Quote from: goosemoose on December 07, 2004, 01:41:03 PM
Mattitude: You can't use this with any other server, you are loading a javascript that is stored on the irc servers' server. Brodle has been kind enough to host all of our chat rooms for the past few years.
Well, I'm not saying I'm ungrateful, but as I'm going to be running an IRC server, I would have wanted to have it point to that one instead (nothing personal), and I actually checked through the files and found the link to the javascript file, but unfortunately as I do not know javascript, I do not know which bits to modify, and to what exactly.

Hi Mattitude,
You could try asking Brodle if he knows a way. He is the actualy author of the javascript, I just wrote the mod to bring it into smf

oscar2001

This mod wont uninstall successfully and conflicts with the location mod.. Ive tried it both on a test forum and my main forum...
The error it gives is a Modification parse error in the package manager..

Goosemoose

it gives you this error when it's installed or whne it's uninstalled? I can pretty much guarantee that the problem is the location mod as my mod does not replace a single line of code, it only adds.

ill look into the uninstall though

Goosemoose

to expand on what I said earlier. users CAN create their own rooms once logged in by using standard irc commands like /join #newroom . I was thinking more about how to create before opening the script. you could also edit the chat.php and hardcode another room name and rename it chat2.php then follow the mod changes to link another button. if you have any questions about this ask me

oscar2001

Only when you try and uninstall it.

Advertisement: