News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Schenker

SgtMic,
Unfortunately, I deleted the 2.11 files when I installed 2.12.
Is there any chance to add the "other" amount option to 2.12?  Why was this removed in 2.12?
Matt

SgtMic

I was trying to find out why. I don't recall off hand.

I'll see if I still have 2.11 somewhere.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: SgtMic on June 06, 2008, 03:48:13 PM
I was trying to find out why. I don't recall off hand.

I'll see if I still have 2.11 somewhere.

Thanks, I would really appreciate having the old version back.  My members are already complaining about the lack of an "Other" field.
Matt

SgtMic

FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Matthew Schenker

This is bad.  I may have to uninstall Treasury altogether.  And what horrible timing, as I just had a couple of members ready to make large donations to my forum.

Sorry if I sound annoyed, but why in the world would a useful feature be added (recurring) only by sacrificing another essential feature ("other" amount)?  I just don't get it.

Does anyone know how to just run a connection to your PayPal account from your forum without a mod?

Matthew

weightman

QuoteSorry if I sound annoyed, but why in the world would a useful feature be added (recurring) only by sacrificing another essential feature ("other" amount)?  I just don't get it.

I would guess because separate code would have to be set up for each and every recurring donation amount. I would assume setting up automated recurring donations for a variable amount might be very difficult. Having said that, I would like to see $5, $50, and $100 options added...

Thanks

Resourcez

It's not as if you weren't forewarned.
Quote from: Resourcez on May 29, 2008, 09:04:10 PM
Treasury v2.12 released.

• recurring donations - optional - aligned with the donation duration chosen in admin - users no longer able to specify some "Other" amount.

The "other" amount was removed for coding convenience - I didn't consider it "essential", given the very wide scope that Treasury features provide.  If having "other" is an absolute must have necessity for a donation system, then you don't need Treasury.  Just uninstall Treasury and delete the database tables as listed in the installation notes.  There are thousands of code samples for simple donation blocks out there, not to mention the existing Donation mod - it doesn't require off-topic responses in this thread.

There should now be 10 donation amount options available - you can simply add extras directly to the smf_treas_targets table through phpmyadmin.  Since the list is now a drop-down, having a much larger number doesn't degrade the aesthetics.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

weightman

QuoteThere should now be 10 donation amount options available - you can simply add extras directly to the smf_treas_targets table through phpmyadmin.

That's strange. I'm using the newest version and I only have 6 options ($10,$15,$20,$30,$40,$200). If we add more options as you suggest, will that cause uninstall problems when its time to upgrade?

Thanks

Resourcez

You can add as many as you wish - it will have no impact on upgrading.

Just make sure you add each one sequentially - if you only have 6, which I have never had, then your next sets of values will be "don_amount, 7, 110", "don_amount, 8, 120", etc etc.

Matthew Schenker

Well, of course, it's only my opinion that "other" is essential.  I'll just say that of the 75 donations I have received, about half of my supporters used the "other" option.  In a couple of cases, someone made an unusually large donation.  Without the "other" option, anyone wishing to make a very large donation cannot use the Treasury system.

I'm not a programmer, so I won't make assumptions here about the ease of including the "other" option in the code.  However, I'll be most people see the "other" option as a good option.

I know there are donation blocks available, but I don't have TinyPortal installed on my forum.  That's one of the reasons I really want to use the Treasury modification.

Treasury is an excellent modification!  I do hope you reconsider the inclusion of the "other" option.

Matthew

Pragmatist

Great mod--it seems as long as someone is using the default or neutron theme!

Our forum uses the Classic YaBB SE theme--and it appears that Treasury does not supply a button for its use.  A member can see the features of the mod through Profile, but the majority of our users are never going to look there for anything.

How might one enable this for the YaBB theme?

Pragmatist

Quote from: Resourcez on December 19, 2007, 08:22:43 AM
The first is covered in point 6 of,
index.php?action=treasuryadmin;sa=readme#ModuleSetup

The second is covered by editing
Themes/default/language/Treasury.english.php

Another question--the quote above referred to changing the menu title.  Changing the language file to "Please Donate" only seems to cause a change on the Treasury page menu--nothing happens to the Home page.  This is where I need users to see a "Please Donate" button.  Please advise!

Cobra97

Is there a way to get the list of members that donated in the Info Center by any chance?  That way there name is on the front page and might donate more often....

Thanks

Matthew Schenker

Nevermind, I have deleted this mod and am using a direct script to PayPal's donation pages.
Matthew

SgtMic

Quote from: Pragmatist on June 08, 2008, 01:37:43 PM
Great mod--it seems as long as someone is using the default or neutron theme!

Our forum uses the Classic YaBB SE theme--and it appears that Treasury does not supply a button for its use.  A member can see the features of the mod through Profile, but the majority of our users are never going to look there for anything.

How might one enable this for the YaBB theme?

As with most mods, it only installs to the Core Default theme. Any others will need to be manually installed and adjusted.
When you change the language file, it changes the "wording" in the main tab area.

@ Cobra97, the simple answer is no. The donators can see their names when they click on the Treasury tab.

@Matthew, good luck with the new script.
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Pragmatist

Ahhh, but what language file to change can be tricky! :-*

It would appear to first looks that the forum Home page menu button text would come from treasury.english.php.  Changing the tab names there only affects subsequent pages--the Treasury page itself.  Nothing happens to the Home page.

Inadvertantly, the key was given--where it is necessary to manually edit files for different templates.  I took a look at the required .php edits, and discovered that the file that needs edited to change the Home page tab name is actually modifications.english.php.  Call Treasury whatever you want.  I changed the tab to say * Click Here to Support the Forum *.  This is the message that was needed to send.

Great mod, well thought out and rather complete for donation purposes.  This reply is posted so that others looking to do the same thing can find the info easier.

KEYWORDS:  main page tab, changing Treasury name, change menu title

Resourcez

Most people check the Treasury admin Read Me  ;)
Quote from: Treasury ReadMe
Should you wish to change the name that appears in your menu bar from Treasury to say, Donations, you can edit the value for $txt['treasury_menu'] in,
"Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php".

However, it should be noted that you will need to reverse that change before un-install, or you will encounter an error.

Resourcez

Quote from: Cobra97 on June 08, 2008, 05:05:21 PM
Is there a way to get the list of members that donated in the Info Center by any chance?  That way there name is on the front page and might donate more often....
As SgtMic said, the simple answer is no.  Alternatively, you could insert the available SSI function in that area.

Faust

Any chance that this might be adapted to not use paypal, eg EFT transfers, I know the Paypal component is quite integrated, however some countries do not allow paypal.

weightman

QuoteYou can add as many as you wish - it will have no impact on upgrading. Just make sure you add each one sequentially - if you only have 6, which I have never had, then your next sets of values will be "don_amount, 7, 110", "don_amount, 8, 120", etc etc.

I finally got around to making these changes. It turns out I did have ten targets in the table but for some reason 4 of them had zeros entered for their values. I changed the values to the donation amounts I wanted to add and everything seems good so far.

Thanks very much

Advertisement: