Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 07:49:43 PM
The problem is with your theme - Treasury uses your theme settings and obviously one of your theme images is a different color.  View the background image concerned and fix it.
See, thats just the thing... I dont think it is the theme because every other mod and literally every part of my forum displays as you'd expect it to. But sicne all mods install to default that means mod files install to default to, so if a mod file installed to default but is called into my theme then it would inherantly display a default look.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Resourcez

After thousands of copies and installs, what would I know.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 08:16:04 PM
After thousands of copies and installs, what would I know.
Well I'm not sayin I know anything just takin guesses. But I feel that would be the most logical explination... just need some more insight on it I suppose. Resourcez would probably be best if he would pop on here.

Edit: Oh wait that was you that replied lol... but you have to have some sort of idea as to whats givin that default look on the two treasury admin tabs. Oh and as for what youd know hopefully more than anyone else since your listed as mod author.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Resourcez

The only obvious variation from your theme is the blue background image - if that's not it, you need to improve your explanation so people don't have to guess the issue.  Help us help you.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 08:54:12 PM
The only obvious variation from your theme is the blue background image - if that's not it, you need to improve your explanation so people don't have to guess the issue.  Help us help you.
See, thats just the thing I'm trying to explain it best I can... If you look at the image in its normal size you'll see that the word Treasury is in gray while the background isnt a solid black but more textured. Thats how default looking stuff should look, or look similar to it.

http://www.choice-online-gaming.com/images/donationsmod.jpg

Resourcez

I can't help that - it's the standard admin menu, determined by core using your theme settings, not controlled by Treasury.  You need to take that issue up with the themer.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 09:19:31 PM
I can't help that - it's the standard admin menu, determined by core using your theme settings, not controlled by Treasury.  You need to take that issue up with the themer.
Ok, well then try to answer me this, why does it only do the "default" look on the registry tab and events tab in the admin of Treasury but no where else ?

Resourcez

I have no idea - I don't get the issue on any decent theme that I use.

I repeat - it is not controlled by Treasury.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 09:25:59 PM
I have no idea - I don't get the issue on any decent theme that I use.

I repeat - it is not controlled by Treasury.
As you said befoe what do you know so how can you be so sure its not Treasury. In either case I feel that it is because its actively doing it on some of the menu items but not all. If it was a theme issue I feel it would be doing it on more than those two menus.

Edit: Sorry if I'm coming off like an ass but your first reply was "what do I know" and you almost seem as if your just trying to dismiss this. Now I apologize if I as I already said am coming across like an ass but in either case if this turns out and is proven to be a theme thing and not a mod thing then I'll glady donate $10 to your site. Now I also posted in general 1.1 help and the theme thread askin for help so one way or the other I hope aa "solution" can be found, but hopefully your not so dismissive of other things as you seem to be with this.

Resourcez

There is nothing wrong with Treasury, and there appears to be nothing wrong with that theme - that only leaves your "adjustments".  No-one can second guess what you may have done to the theme or core settings.

The reason I am dismissing it is because, like I have already said, that menu is controlled by SMF core, not Treasury.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 27, 2008, 09:55:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with Treasury, and there appears to be nothing wrong with that theme - that only leaves your "adjustments".  No-one can second guess what you may have done to the theme or core settings.

The reason I am dismissing it is because, like I have already said, that menu is controlled by SMF core, not Treasury.
Well as far as things Ive done to the theme, I honestly can say nothing except for hand editing in mods. Maybe someone from general hep or the theme can shed some light on this. The weird thing that just really bothers me about this is that its only on two of the 9 menu items for the treasury admin.

Paracelsus

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 27, 2008, 10:04:11 PM

Well as far as things Ive done to the theme, I honestly can say nothing except for hand editing in mods. Maybe someone from general hep or the theme can shed some light on this. The weird thing that just really bothers me about this is that its only on two of the 9 menu items for the treasury admin.

Try to have a look at it with Firebug -> Inspect (FF extension).

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Paracelsus on August 28, 2008, 04:42:27 AM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 27, 2008, 10:04:11 PM

Try to have a look at it with Firebug -> Inspect (FF extension).
I guess thats something I need to download... but ya I'll give it a shot I suppose. I just hope either someone who reads this, my general post or the themes thread can figure out what causing the default look on those two menus.

Edit: Ok, I got Firebug downloaded / installed. I see it shows the coding of the page or something like that, Ive just no idea wherre to go form here let alone what to atempt to even look for.

Paracelsus

You have to inspect the elements which are different from the expected and inspect and COMPARE their html (div id or div class) with the ones which are not.

MoreBloodWine

This is from the right window pane of Firebug using inspect element. The code is from the registry tab as shown in the pic.

The first set of code is inspected from the "default" looking part and the second set of code is from inspeacting the normal looking stuff. I think I might have a hang on it but what do I know. Best I can figure is that its doin the default look on part of registry and events because their not "title" windows, I hope that just made sense. I'm just goin by what little I can make out from Firebug.

Edit: The HTML is saying that the funky lookin parts are catbg2's while the "ok" looking parts are titlebg's. So would changing the funky lookin parts <tr calss> to titlebg's fix it ?

Code (Default Looking Part) Select
body, td, th {style.css?fin11 (line 35)
color:#FFFFFF;
font-family:tahoma,sans-serif;
font-size:small;
}
td {html.css (line 242)
display:table-cell;
padding:1px;
text-align:inherit;
vertical-align:inherit;
}
Inherited fromtr.catbg2
.catbg, .catbg2 {style.css?fin11 (line 217)
color:#848284;
font-weight:bold;
}
Inherited fromtable.tborder
table {style.css?fin11 (line 30)
empty-cells:show;
}
table {html.css (line 165)
border-collapse:separate;
border-spacing:2px;
text-indent:0;
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd#bodyarea
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited frombody
}
Inherited fromhtml
:root {ua.css (line 45)
quotes:""" """ "'" "'";
}

Code (Normal Looking Part (Where the word Treasury is displayed above the menu tabs / links) Select
.titlebg, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td {style.css?fin11 (line 186)
background-color:#000000;
background-image:url(images/titlebg.jpg);
font-style:normal;
}
}
td {html.css (line 242)
display:table-cell;
padding:1px;
vertical-align:inherit;
}
Inherited fromtr.titlebg
.titlebg, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td {style.css?fin11 (line 186)
font-style:normal;
}
Inherited fromtable.tborder
}
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd#bodyarea
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited fromtd
}
td {html.css (line 242)
}
Inherited fromtable
}
}
Inherited frombody
}
Inherited fromhtml
:root {ua.css (line 45)
quotes:""" """ "'" "'";
}

Paracelsus

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 28, 2008, 08:53:13 AM
Edit: The HTML is saying that the funky lookin parts are catbg2's while the "ok" looking parts are titlebg's. So would changing the funky lookin parts <tr calss> to titlebg's fix it ?

You can try it directly on firebug with a single click on the catbg and write titlebg instead. The saves are just virtual, so no need to worry... if it works you just have to go the "real" code and edit it.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Paracelsus on August 28, 2008, 08:57:33 AM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 28, 2008, 08:53:13 AM

You can try it directly on firebug with a single click on the catbg and write titlebg instead. The saves are just virtual, so no need to worry... if it works you just have to go the "real" code and edit it.
I'm actually doin it now direct to the file, so heres hoping it works out. I know Ive been a pain in the ass and Ive apologized for that already but even though its admin that no one else see I have this thing where everything has to not really be the same but have similar looks. Just having that one tiny part take on a default look was really irkin me. But back to work... *fingers crossed*

Resourcez

Now that you guys have nicely hijacked this topic, I won't bother providing any more support here.

If people want Treasury support, please go to my site where I have some control over hijacking.

MoreBloodWine

It seems that going into TreasuryAdmin.template.php and changing the catbg2's of the defaulted lookin areas to titlebg's fixed the issue. I suppose the point could be argued either way that it has to do with maybe the css of my theme or the mod itself so I'm just gonna call this one a draw 50/50 and just be happy it's fixed.

catbg2

catbg2 changed to titlebg's

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Resourcez on August 28, 2008, 09:13:41 AM
Now that you guys have nicely hijacked this topic, I won't bother providing any more support here.

If people want Treasury support, please go to my site where I have some control over hijacking.
Oh for the love of god, we didnt hijack anything, this WAS for support of the mod.

Edit: On a related note for a mod that supposed to be yours you werent doin much in the department of support. Your admittedly were just dismissing me.

Edit2: Paracelsus thank you for the SUPPORT of this mod, it has been appreciated ;-)

Advertisement: