News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtMic

The package parser helps a lot. Good luck.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Bass_Chaz

Well, I regret that I have to take this mod out of my system.

I had it running under 1.1.7 and after I updated to 1.1.8, I also updated the Treasury to 2.34 but some how it will not work with the "User Control Panel" that is also installed.
After the treasurey is installed (old or new) when anyone goes to the User CP they get an error.. :(

Last time I had this problem I started from the top and worked my way down until I got it to work but that will take way to log to do this time so I have decided that I will no longer use this mod.

If you have " User CP" on your SMF 1.1.8 and have it working WITHOUT having to unload and reload all the mods, let me know..

SgtMic

Lose the CP, It doesn't bring in $$. :)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

giz

i have a small problem with the link for return site option,
i have told it to go to /Thankyou.html
but it actualy goes to //Thankyou.html;u=1;sa=showdonations
and i get the error
Not Found
The requested URL /smf_1-1-6_install//Thankyou.html;u=1;sa=showdonations was not found on this server.

i know i have to delete" /  " before thankyou.html but where is the extra code coming from?

Bass_Chaz

Quote from: SgtMic on February 06, 2009, 10:12:11 PM
Lose the CP, It doesn't bring in $$. :)

Well, when dealing with users, it GRAPHICS that draw them. Ease of use.

CP Stays. Treasury out. Easier to just add the Subscriptions mod and put the Donations links from Payal directly on the site anyway.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm i have the user cp for now on http://www.houseofsmoky.com

thing is, there is no link to view who donated what, but it really doenst matter, as i do get the notice on who donated.. the subscription is nice, but i really do like Resources mod and wont do a direct link to paypal.. im hanging in for the long run..

now who has my running shorts??  :P
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

NEMINI

Quote from: Bass_Chaz on February 06, 2009, 09:21:00 PM
Well, I regret that I have to take this mod out of my system.

I had it running under 1.1.7 and after I updated to 1.1.8, I also updated the Treasury to 2.34 but some how it will not work with the "User Control Panel" that is also installed.
After the treasurey is installed (old or new) when anyone goes to the User CP they get an error.. :(

whats the error?  Seriously if given enough information it may get fixed, but with little to no info I guarantee it won't be.  A link to the mod you are using and the version of that mod you have installed is also helpful.
signatures are boring.

giz

Quote from: giz on February 09, 2009, 02:15:37 PM
and i get the error
Not Found
The requested URL /smf_1-1-6_install//Thankyou.html;u=1;sa=showdonations was not found on this server.

i know i have to delete" /  " before thankyou.html but where is the extra code coming from?
anyone have an answer for this?

Bass_Chaz

Quotewhats the error?  Seriously if given enough information it may get fixed, but with little to no info I guarantee it won't be.  A link to the mod you are using and the version of that mod you have installed is also helpful.

There is a complete database error andI dont remember what the specific error was.

Ive removed Treasury completely from my board and it runs fine.

Ill try it again on my test site when I get the time.

For now, Im using PayPal directly and it works fine for me that way.

JaGuR

Quick Question,

When adding a donator to a member group is it possible to automatically remove them from the member group when the time frame runs out ?

Cheers

giz

and i get the error
Not Found

help!!!

SgtMic

Quote from: JaGuR on February 17, 2009, 11:56:14 PM
Quick Question,

When adding a donator to a member group is it possible to automatically remove them from the member group when the time frame runs out ?

Cheers

You can set it up that way. In the Main Config, set Group Access Duration Limited to yes.
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

SgtMic

Quote from: giz on February 18, 2009, 11:55:02 AM
and i get the error
Not Found

help!!!

Use the default: index.php?action=profile
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

giz

Quote from: SgtMic on February 18, 2009, 01:12:32 PM
Quote from: giz on February 18, 2009, 11:55:02 AM
and i get the error
Not Found

help!!!

Use the default: index.php?action=profile

i've created a web page which thanks the member for the donation and complies with paypal rules, i thought the mod accepted this kind of thing?

the other problem i have is that the member becomes part of the new group once donated but doesn't receive the benefits such as access to other areas, username colour etc etc i have to delete them from the group and then add them again for changes to take place.

SgtMic

When they are added to the new membergroup, it is their secondary, not primary membergroup.

Using the default: index.php?action=profile does not violate any Paypal rules.

QuotePayPal Return Page
This is the file that users will be returned to when they complete a donation. It is preset, but you may choose to make some customized return of your own. Just make sure you comply with PayPal's requirements for a return page.

FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Resourcez

There was previously an ability to provide your own but that became a can of worms when PayPal strictly defined return page requirements, for users and developers, with the possibility of accounts being cancelled.  I neglected to remove that capability and will rectify that.  There does remain a gray area for anonymous donations.

DonationsPro will still have the same return page but will make provision for some extra text that the site owner can add to that page.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

giz

so is there any way at all of manualy modifying the package to allow for this?

the page looks too good not to use!

http://forum.theunofficialbromsgroveminiclub.co.uk/smf_1-1-6_install/Thankyou.html

Resourcez

There is a mechanism for reporting of bugs.

Anub1s

im getting database errors all the time when i try and install on 2.0 rc1

would love this mod but justa aint going to happen :(

anyway its saying every time that the table dosent exist.

i have updated the tables to rc1 which confuses me to why it will not work

Resourcez

Your database prefix isn't being picked up - pre-existing tables will still be there.

Treasury is not at fault - it is a bug in the package manager database creation area, a bug that was reported before RC1 was made public, but they went ahead with the release anyway.
Quote from: metallica48423It's not really a bug in the mod, as far as I can tell.  More like in the actual abstraction layer.

Unfortunately the devs really didn't want to rush out a fix on such an important thing as the abstraction layer and pray that it doesn't cause any further issues.

The nature of the security issues that came up really forced the release, otherwise it would've been fixed before release.

I'm afraid you're stuck with manual installs for any mods which try to use the database functionality that is faulty - only a few mods will be affected, as most don't use that functionality, and some simply bypass the required SMF coding standards.

Advertisement: