News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat9119

I've tried registering for the creators website. Had email activation sent twice, checked my spam folder...still nothing.

I cannot find the following IPN info on the Account area of Pay Pal....therefore i cannot follow the "read me" directions.

Quote# Treasury requires IPN settings in your PayPal account "Profile":
• Set 'IPN' to 'On' in "Instant Payment Notification Preferences".
• This will also require a URL to be entered - anything will do, but not blank.

The URL you set here is NOT important as Treasury operates from its own Notify and Return URLs which ignore, and are independent of, your PayPal settings.
• Why? If you already have an IPN setting activated for some other program, it will continue to function for that program.
• Example? If you have already set your IPN URL so that you can use, say, Paid Subscriptions, then you can leave the URL on PayPal as it is, and still use Treasury.

# You should also modify "Payment Receiving Preferences" in your "Profile" area:
• Check your option for "Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:".
• You should set this to the second option "No, accept them and convert them...".

Failure to do this means you will have to manually confirm each payment within your PayPal account and the donation will NOT show on your site.

# Treasury settings in "Website Payment Preferences" - you need to set:
• Set/Leave 'Auto Return' to 'On', repeat 'On' in "Website Payment Preferences".
• Set/Leave 'Payment Data Transfer' to 'Off' in "Website Payment Preferences".
If you need to have PDT 'On' for some other reason, you may have to manually add donation data.

# Settings in "Currency Balances" - these should not need changes:
The PayPal default is fine - a primary currency which is Open and all other currencies Closed.
If you do not have special reasons for operating with multiple open currencies, DO NOT fiddle!
If you do have special reasons, you will not receive exchange rate and settle amounts from PayPal for non-primary currencies which you have Open.
You WILL have to manually edit all Treasury transactions for currencies you receive that are not your Primary Currency!

I can't find any of these. I've been looking for hours. Its probably staring me in the face. But I don't see any of these options.

Can anyone help me with this? Do you have to have a special paypal account? I have a "personal" one. Maybe these directions were written before they changed stuff on PayPal? I have no idea. but I'm about ready to pull my hair out lol.

Bigguy

Have you searched paypal for ipn. ???

Kat9119

Quote from: Bigguy on March 09, 2011, 04:15:39 PM
Have you searched paypal for ipn. ???

Of course. lol. I ended up calling PayPal and they helped me figure it out. It was all hidden because you cannot do it with a personal account. This should be listed somewhere on this mod. But it isn't.

Also, a lot of the areas on the profile over at PayPal have been updated according to the woman I spoke with, so they are renamed. She was very helpful and pointed out to me where to find specifics.

Hope this helps someone else who wants to install it.

Mine works great now!

Smasher

I have had this mod running great for approximately a month now with no problems until I went to manually add a donation.

When I look up the persons account (Profile Info > Show Donations) it DOES show that the donation was made. The additional group was also changed to "Donator" like it was supposed to. However when you look at the donation page (action=treasury) where it lists who made donations it shows everyone besides this person.

When I did this I added all information like I was supposed to including the Yes to display name.

Any help would be appreciated.
Site in Development

Powered by SMF 2.0.4
     - EzPortal 1.0
     - SA Facebook Integration

Kajol

Quote from: MordyT on January 25, 2011, 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: Kajol on December 30, 2010, 09:57:08 AM
Another question.
Some of my Donators donate money through Bank account because they don't have a Paypal Account.
Is there any possibility to add donations manually?

Yes, go into the Treasury options and set it yourself.

Thanks, but do I find the "options"?
I only have

• Read Me
  • Registry
  • Donations
  • Totals
  • Main
  • PayPal
  • Block
  • Events
  • Log
Ist es eigentlich Non-Canon, dass Non-Canon nicht Canon ist, weil Canon nicht in Non-Canon Büchern sein darf, oder ist das Canon....?

Smasher

When you click on "Donations" it will list all of your current donations. Under them there is boxes for you to input manually. Under the "Name" column if you put the users id it will associate that donation to that persons account.

However when I did this it did show the donation and I was able to see it under the persons account BUT it was not showing up for me on the page where it lists who has donated... if you add someone manually can you post back if that shows up for you or not....
Site in Development

Powered by SMF 2.0.4
     - EzPortal 1.0
     - SA Facebook Integration

TheMortician4

I am trying to install this mod on SMF 1.1.13. I am using the emulation mod to emulate 1.1.12.

When I go to apply the mod, I get to the FTP Information Required screen.

I entered the information, and I get this message;

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

Why?

ford1001

Is it possible for me to remove the "Do you want your username to be shown?" bit? I want all donations to be anonymous

samurai-lupin

Hello, I would like to add the avatar of a donator next to his name in the treasury page. Can someone please kindly let me know what code I would need to add? Thank you!

if (isset($context['rows_donators']))
{
foreach ($context['rows_donators'] as $donators_rows)
{
if ( $donators_rows['amt'] > 0 )
{
$doname = (strcmp($donators_rows['showname'], 'Yes') == 0) ? $donators_rows['name'] : $txt['treas_anonymous'];
$doname = (($donators_rows['name'] == $context['user']['name'] || allowedTo('admin_treasury')) && $donators_rows['user_id'] > 0) ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $donators_rows['user_id'] . ';sa=showDonations" style="text-decoration:underline;">' . $doname . '</a>' : $doname;

echo '<tr>';
echo '<td valign=middle>xxx Avatar</td>';
echo '<td align="left" valign=middle class="treasurytext"> ';
echo $doname;
echo '</td>';
echo '<td valign=middle class="normaltext">';
if ( $tr_config['don_show_amt'] )
{
echo $donators_rows['symbol'].($donators_rows['currency'] == 'JPY' ? round($donators_rows['amt'],0) : $donators_rows['amt']), ' (', $donators_rows['currency'], ')';
}
echo '</td>';
echo '</tr>';
}
}
}

Kajol

Thanks Smasher, works great.

I have another question. Since I updated the Simple Portal I don't have the block for the Treasury anymore. I can't remember if there was an individual block for or it or how it worked...
Any idea?
Ist es eigentlich Non-Canon, dass Non-Canon nicht Canon ist, weil Canon nicht in Non-Canon Büchern sein darf, oder ist das Canon....?

anakmacan

Hi, great mod btw.. :) I want to know how to add a text behind each donation amount (like in the picture below), is it possible ? what file in database or forum do i need to change and how ? Because i want to give free stuff for certain amount donation, and better free stuff for donation more than x$.

shadowdeath

This DOES require a paypal, right?
~Owner of Top Hat Ent. and Coder and Software Designer

Forums: tophatforums.info

MordyT

Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

Ilkharnos

Hello. I have a question about uninstall. In Uninstall Notes section of Readme file, it says the following:

QuoteNote: Uninstall will deliberately NOT remove the Treasury database tables.
For permanent Uninstall you will need to manually DROP these tables from the database:
- smf_log_treasurey
- smf_treas_config
- smf_treas_donations
- smf_treas_events
- smf_treas_registry
- smf_treas_subscribers
- smf_treas_targets
(assumes you used smf_ for your prefix)

But I don't know how do I do that. I would be grateful if you can help me.

arreferee

I tried to install this mod tonight and received the following errors:

2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test failed

I'm using 2.0.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
arreferee

studiowi33

Quote from: Ilkharnos on June 14, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Hello. I have a question about uninstall. In Uninstall Notes section of Readme file, it says the following:

QuoteNote: Uninstall will deliberately NOT remove the Treasury database tables.
For permanent Uninstall you will need to manually DROP these tables from the database:
- smf_log_treasurey
- smf_treas_config
- smf_treas_donations
- smf_treas_events
- smf_treas_registry
- smf_treas_subscribers
- smf_treas_targets
(assumes you used smf_ for your prefix)

But I don't know how do I do that. I would be grateful if you can help me.

Go to your hosting control panel and enter phpmyadmin. That will take you to your forum database, where you can manually drop "delete" the noted tables. (Just select the checkbox, aat the bottom there is an option to Drop Selected.)

Leaving them there should do no harm tho...
SMF 2.0.2

anakmacan

I wish there are more payment options to come, like google checkout :)

studiowi33

Hi all--

I'm running 1.1.14 and need some help. I'm using the "Custom Box" mod (it shows text/images at the top of all pages.)
How can I insert a copy of the donormeter (along with goals) into the Custom Box?

Thanks.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

Kajol

Quote from: MordyT on June 12, 2011, 03:28:25 AM
Quote from: shadowdeath on May 08, 2011, 04:18:10 PM
This DOES require a paypal, right?
Yes

Does this work on 2.0 Gold?

Yes, I have SMF 2.0 Gold and it works great.

tectonny

How do I include the money from my parents? Brazil, Real BRL (R$)

Advertisement: