Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stylusss

Quote from: jafonseca on January 27, 2013, 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: stylusss on January 25, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
Quote from: jafonseca on January 25, 2013, 01:04:55 PM
The mod works fine, and the payment in paypal works, but the registry in SMF does'nt work and they don't show in the forum, it doesn't update the donators, and it put that nobody has make a payment in donations tab. I have to fill the entries in in donations tab manually to show in 'block' in the portal .Ihave do all the steps, email of paypal acount, autoreturn 'ON? etc... What happens??!!

Did it used to work before?

No, never works.. when the user make the donation and retun to the forum, the page says that they don't have the donation in the registry..

Make sure you added the ipns file into the main directory (public_html). It worked perfectly for me from day one. Also, signup to the authors modification forum, the mod author is much more active there.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

digilocker

Please help, i can't install this mod in my forum. i'm currently using SMF 2.04, whenever i try to install it, i can't connect this mod to my ftp server. it gives me 503 login error message, and i'm sure my username and password for my ftp server is the right one cause i've rechecked it over and over.

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on January 25, 2013, 01:51:37 AM
I'm getting this error is there something i have to do before i install this mod?

*    9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After            ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After            ./Sources/Profile.php    Test failed
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful

I have manually made the changes to the /source/profile.php file and im still getting the same test fails as above.

Can someone please help, i would really like to get this mod up and working, thanks.

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on February 08, 2013, 12:55:05 AM
I'm getting this error is there something i have to do before i install this mod?

I have manually made the changes to the /source/profile.php file and im still getting the same test fails as above.

Can someone please help, i would really like to get this mod up and working, thanks.

Anybody?

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on February 12, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

Anybody?

Can anyone point in the right direction, or is there someone i can contact that would be able to help me?

Kimmie

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on February 25, 2013, 04:17:06 PM

Anybody?

Can anyone point in the right direction, or is there someone i can contact that would be able to help me?

You will still see the fails on those files because on normal installation it tries to modify those files itself and it cannot. That is why you have to do those yourself. Finish the install, make your manual edits, then the mod will work just fine.

Remember, if you ever uninstall this, you will have to manually remove the codes you inserted to get the mod fully removed.

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: Kimmie on April 14, 2013, 11:12:27 PM
Quote from: OzzyMozzy on February 25, 2013, 04:17:06 PM

Anybody?

You will still see the fails on those files because on normal installation it tries to modify those files itself and it cannot. That is why you have to do those yourself. Finish the install, make your manual edits, then the mod will work just fine.

Remember, if you ever uninstall this, you will have to manually remove the codes you inserted to get the mod fully removed.

Thanks Kimmie for the reply. I made the manual changes and it still comes up, so are you saying to go ahead and do the install then make the manual change?

Gryzor

OzzyMozzy, the problem arises from this:

During installation the modification installation scripts does some, erm, modifications to the system files. It does that by looking, for instance, for a certain string and then replacing it with another, or adding something after that string. If the string it's looking for has already been modified by some other script it will give you a 'test failed'.

For instance: it may be looking for a string like

TestString1
TestString2

and it wants to replace it with
TestString1
TestString1.5
TestString2

Now, if some other mod has inserted something between TestString1 and TestString2 the script cannot find the original string, of course. And that's where you have to do it manually.

If you've already made the modification manually then of course the installation script cannot find the original string and will give you a Fail again - it doesn't look for the new string but for the original one...

So yeah, assuming you did the modification by hand correctly, go ahead.

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: Gryzor on April 17, 2013, 01:15:57 AM
OzzyMozzy, the problem arises from this:

During installation the modification installation scripts does some, erm, modifications to the system files. It does that by looking, for instance, for a certain string and then replacing it with another, or adding something after that string. If the string it's looking for has already been modified by some other script it will give you a 'test failed'.

For instance: it may be looking for a string like

TestString1
TestString2

and it wants to replace it with
TestString1
TestString1.5
TestString2

Now, if some other mod has inserted something between TestString1 and TestString2 the script cannot find the original string, of course. And that's where you have to do it manually.

If you've already made the modification manually then of course the installation script cannot find the original string and will give you a Fail again - it doesn't look for the new string but for the original one...

So yeah, assuming you did the modification by hand correctly, go ahead.

Thank You so much for that, now i have a better understanding. I'll go ahead and see how i go

Gryzor

Glad to be of help.

To clarify on my example, some other mod may have modified

TestString1
TestString2

to something like

TestString1
OtherString
TestString2

So your modification now can't fine

TestString1
TestString2

as a whole. The way you do it manually can be:

TestString1
TestString1.5
OtherString
TestString2

Negatory

To avoid conflict between the needs of various mods, you need to uninstall mods in the reverse sequence that they were installed.

e.g.
Installed mods a b c and d.
To update mod b, you should uninstall mod d, then c, then b - upgrade b, then re-install c and d.

I believe Treasury makes this point in the installation notes.

Arantor

And you can even use Sortable Packages (and Installed Time) to figure out what the uninstallation order should be.

Gryzor

Quote from: Arantor on April 18, 2013, 09:18:42 AM
And you can even use Sortable Packages (and Installed Time) to figure out what the uninstallation order should be.

Ooh nice, had no idea, but I guess manual installations may still screw it up.

Darn, how I wish SMF had a better mod system...

Arantor

The powers that be have made it clear they want to keep the package system being able to apply direct code changes 'for flexibility'.

Gryzor

I'd be down for that, though I'm no developer to understand the finer intricacies it involves - if only it frakking worked! Not much 'flexibility' when you have to dive into the code to make simple things work.

Arantor

As in they don't want to change it at all ;) They'd rather have the flexibility of what they have rather than a less flexible but much more reliable system. There also aren't enough hooks (or a suitable management system) to get the majority of mods away from edits either. It's why I wrote my own from scratch.

But that's getting off topic.

Kimmie

Installed flawlessly, thank you!!

Just one question. I set up a php block on my Simple Portal but am wondering how I can get the scroll bar removed?

TheListener

Quote from: Cutter65 on November 01, 2011, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: 5p00f3r on October 18, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
how can i get the Block To show with simple Portal?

Create a custom php block in simple portal and use this code.

global $sourcedir, $settings;
include("$sourcedir/DonationBlock.php");

Did you use this code Kimmie?

Have a look here too: http://resourcez.donationspro.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0f86814fea836951198daeeb9811bcfe&

* Old Fossil also uses the mod and has a scrollbar.

TheListener

@ Kimmie and any other whom want the scrollbar removed.

Have a look HERE

Kimmie

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 17, 2013, 12:20:32 AM
Quote from: Cutter65 on November 01, 2011, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: 5p00f3r on October 18, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
how can i get the Block To show with simple Portal?

Create a custom php block in simple portal and use this code.

global $sourcedir, $settings;
include("$sourcedir/DonationBlock.php");

Did you use this code Kimmie?

Have a look here too: http://resourcez.donationspro.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0f86814fea836951198daeeb9811bcfe&

* Old Fossil also uses the mod and has a scrollbar.

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 17, 2013, 12:23:24 AM
@ Kimmie and any other whom want the scrollbar removed.

Have a look HERE

Yes that is the code I used. I will try your suggestion and see if that works, thanks :)

EDIT: that worked, thank you :)

Advertisement: