News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Treasury

Started by Resourcez, December 13, 2007, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

QuoteYes that is the code I used. I will try your suggestion and see if that works, thanks :)

EDIT: that worked, thank you :)

Thanks for being my guinea pig.

:D

McFuzz

Hello!

Hope someone can provide a quick pointer - we installed the treasury mod but had some file permission problems that caused it not to display for anyone. That got fixed, but we are missing the Donations button between members and logout (the one that directs to /index.php?action=treasury)... can someone provide a quick pointer as to how to add the button?

Subs.php does have the array...

'treasury' => array(
                                'title' => $txt['treasury_menu'],
                                'href' => $scripturl . '?action=treasury',
                                'show' => $context['allow_view_treasury'],
                                'sub_buttons' => array(
                                ),
                        ),

Thanks!

TheListener

McFuzz

Any errors on installing the mod?

Theme you use?

MechSpecs

I installed the mod and things seem to be working great (for some of my users)

I have two buttons where people can donate. One is on the master navbar at the top (Home, Forum, Help, Donation blah blah blah) and the other is a button that opens the Donations window in a "target_NEW" thing (it's part of the theme).

Registered Members can donate but it doesn't confirm the donation through the automated return confirmation thing (I set it up according to the instructions) HOWEVER my Moderators can donate and then they get added to a secondary usergroup called Benefactors (which is what I want for anyone who donates).

Are my Registered users missing a permission or something to allow this mod to add them to a secondary usergroup?

TheListener

Have you checked the permissions?

MechSpecs

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 17, 2013, 06:33:14 PM

Hmmmm....

Registered Users:
View Treasure: CHECKED
Administer Treasury: BLANK

Mod Squad:
View Treasure: CHECKED
Administer Treasury: BLANK

So what else am I missing?

Manage and assign Member Groups <---- does this need to be checked for regular members for the mod to move them between groups?

TheListener

Quote from: MechSpecs on June 17, 2013, 06:50:55 PM
Quote from: Old Fossil on June 17, 2013, 06:33:14 PM

Manage and assign Member Groups <---- does this need to be checked for regular members for the mod to move them between groups?

It's worth trying.

I would aslso suggest you look HERE also.

MechSpecs

Solved it on my own!!!  8)

Needed to set the permission that Registered Users could change usergroups. Mods could, but Registered Users could not.

Once that was done BLAMO everything worked easy peasy

TheListener

Quote from: MechSpecs on June 17, 2013, 07:45:19 PM

Needed to set the permission that Registered Users could change usergroups. Mods could, but Registered Users could not.

QuoteHave you checked the permissions?

I said this for fun then?   ::)

MechSpecs

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 17, 2013, 07:48:22 PM
Quote from: MechSpecs on June 17, 2013, 07:45:19 PM

QuoteHave you checked the permissions?

I said this for fun then?   ::)

Totally!!! Since you didn't specify WHICH permissions (there are like Board Permissions, General Permissions and then Permission Permissions and Membergroup Permissions)...

Dude, tell me to go put out a fire and I do it, tell me to rescue a cat from a tree and I do it, tell me to provide critical incident care to a patient and I do it... Tel me to go and "do something heroic" and my eyes glaze over with that lost look :P

However, thank you for pointing me at the right barn door!!!

TheListener

Believe me Mech I had a shock a few weeks back when I saw a female firefighter driving one of the fire engines.

( was so I could get some photos for the forum).

Some off the engines we have are odd looking beasts.

MechSpecs

Found an interesting side affect in this mod...

In order to get Treasury to automatically promote them from Registered Users to Benefactors, when their donation was confirmed by Paypal, I had to check the little "Manage and Assign Membergroups" tab in the permissions section right?

HOWEVER

If you allow this your members will be able to log into the administration panel and then manage the individual membergroups.

This is a HUGE security hole because they can change the permissions for their existing usergroup or add themselves to others.

Is there a way to allow their promotion WITHOUT them having access to the administration panel?!?!?!

Sandmansa

I am having a problem with running this mod.  It installs and sets up fine but can't get the treasury page to load.  Other then using smf 2.0.4, are there any other system requirements?  IE: PHP and MySQL versions required?

Here is the error I get..

http://www.XXXXX.com/smf/index.php?action=treasury

Database Error: Unknown system variable 'lc_time_names'

File: C:/Program Files/XXX XX XXX/XX/smf/Sources/Treasury.php
Line: 97

I know my server is old but it does still meet minimum system requirements for smf 2.0.

azirion

I have just installed this mod and it works like a charm  ;)

I have a couple of questions: How can I change the tab menu title, instead of "Donations" I want it to say it in spanish. Where can I edit it? And the PayPal buttons can I change them too?

Thanks in advance for any help   8)

azirion

Ok I found how to change the button image. Now just need to know how to change the tab title?  :)

azirion

Sandmansa

You know azirion, it might be helpful to others who are having the same issue as you, if you were to explain what you did to correct the problem.

azirion

Well sure, since no one had never asked I suppose no one has the same issues as I do. But here it goes:

Both button icons are named on the Treasury control panel. I just searched the internet for the ones I wanted to show up, renamed them to the exact name the mod looks them for and uploaded them via FTP to the site.

And the other issue, about changing the tab tittle, I just downloaded the modification.english.php file, searched the tittle text, replaced the text with the one I wanted, then uploaded the file back to its original place and thats it...

Still cant seem to find how to translate some things like "Please select an amount"  and "Choose your Paypal language" and the last one "Many thanks to those who have donated this period". I dont have a clue where that text is hidden  ???  :-\

Negatory

hmm, could hardly call them hidden - they are exactly where they should be, in the Treasury language files.

Cat McFarlane

Hi, am having the same problem of the donations not updating in the visible box. Noticed helpful answer about giving members access to change groups, but really don't want the security loophole. Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks so much  :)

Advertisement: