News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Torrent Trader Integration

Started by DoctorZ, December 14, 2007, 09:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorZ

Hi there,
Guys does anyone know if there is an integration hack for SMF and TorrentTrader?
I'm trying to make a torrent community and I want to have common registration and
login.
Thanks in advance

lonrot

Torrent Trackers are like a taboo here, perhaps they avoid it just beacause there are legal issues mixed up with torrent sites. Well, I have found one thing, that seems to work under SMF:
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=161341

But it would be great, at least to have a mod to link the smf members into TorrentTrader, that way we wouln'dt have to ask for re-registration.

Petr1fied

TorrentTrader isn't the only tracker software out there give xbtit (google it) a try, it has full SMF integration.  8)

hxxp:img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbtit2fl0.png [nonactive]

DjScrappy

yup i have XBtit installed with smf forum all in it it works great its one of the best trackers out there.. check it out at http://www.maddgamerz.com/torrents [nofollow]

lonrot

Quote from: DjScrappy on January 24, 2008, 03:49:56 PM
yup i have XBtit installed with smf forum all in it it works great its one of the best trackers out there.. check it out at http://www.maddgamerz.com/torrents

I have several mods installed, including tiny portal and a custom theme.
DjScrappy, do you think that my site would work with Xbtit, check my signature.

aishaweb

Quote from: lonrot on January 03, 2008, 12:03:55 AM
Torrent Trackers are like a taboo here, perhaps they avoid it just beacause there are legal issues mixed up with torrent sites. Well, I have found one thing, that seems to work under SMF:
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=161341

But it would be great, at least to have a mod to link the smf members into TorrentTrader, that way we wouln'dt have to ask for re-registration.

Since when?

H

There is no issue with discussing integration with torrent trackers here :). Obviously we'd prefer if you didn't link to illegal torrents though! :).

If you have a new site, then I'd recommend Niko's torrent tracker mod for SMF. I believe this is a completely new tracker and not an integration with an existing script.

Otherwise, you'll need to look at one of the unofficial bridges posted above, or write your own :). I can't see us writing an official integration for any trackers anytime soon. There simply isn't the demand, compared to some of the CMS requests

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

djhowarth

well i finished my site with smf and then i thought id try torrent trader and believe it or not it took me 2days lmao :D ive just added download/upload/ratio to the display.template.php i think i will put a demo up for people to see

Advertisement: