Post Disappearing! HELP

Started by happygolucky, December 06, 2007, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happygolucky

I have hundreds of post on my bulletin board and recently the post have been disappearing.
Sometimes you can post and it shows everything normal then you click submit. Next when you try and go to your posting the link is there but the text is gone. No text box nothing.

What could be going on?

It happens even if you are logged in as the admin. Nothing has been changed.

Fiery

Hello,

Please provide the following information:

SMF Version, Mods Installed, Theme, Errors in the error log? What you did right before this started happening, how long has this been happening?  How many posts disappeared?  Did someone delete their own topic, or a moderator delete them?

The text is gone, so nothing appears no reply or new topic respectively?

Can you provide a link?

Thanks.

happygolucky

Sorry for not providing all of the needed information.

I am using 1.1.3 with the classic theme.

Here are my errors in the error log
8: Undefined index: ad_management
File: /home/needfuls/public_html/forum/pet-forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2747

8: Undefined index: ad_management
File: /home/needfuls/public_html/forum/pet-forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2746

Unable to load the 'Ads.english-utf8' language file.

8: Undefined index: random_news_line
/home/needfuls/public_html/forum/pet-forums/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code

8: Undefined offset: 102
/home/needfuls/public_html/forum/pet-forums/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code

All of those repeat for a total of over a thousand!

What happens is if you post it will not appear after hitting submit.  If it doesn't appear and you go and reply to it the only thing that appears is the reply not the original message
However sometimes I have made post and they show up then a couple days later the original post is gone and the replies are still there.
This happens to anyones post even the admin. No one has deleted their own post.
I noticed it a couple days ago but according to the logs it has been happening a while like a month.
Only thing I did was installed the ad management mod which never worked. 

Here is a link
hxxp:forum.needfulsouls.org/pet-forums/ [nonactive]

happygolucky

Can anyone help me?

If you go to the link above and click on any of the post you will see the first initial post is missing. Only the replies are showing.

Fiery

Hello,

Upgrade to 1.1.4 and let us know if that fixes it.  Use the large upgrade package if you dont have any mods or you dont mind reinstalling them... this is recommended.

happygolucky

Fiery

Quote from: happygolucky on December 09, 2007, 01:00:30 PM
I upgraded but nothing changed.

When you upgraded you made sure the new files over wrote the old ones?

happygolucky

Rumbaar

I would set your forums default language to 'plain' English and not English-utf8.  Also disable the ability for users to set their own language.  This should fix any missing text issues, and the mods looking for txt fields in non-existent language files.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: