News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Unable to find SMF in the path you specified

Started by m.c, December 18, 2007, 03:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.c

I'm trying to convert a vB 3.6.0 forum (also has vbAdvanced installed), to SMF 1.1.4, but I'm having issues with getting the convertor to run.

Convert.php detects /home/nas02l/m/mtbrider.com/user/htdocs/test, as the directory, but I get the following error message -
QuoteThe converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your vBulletin 3.6 to the public html folder of your site.

I have tried htdocs/test, but the converter is then unable to locate the SMF install.
Is there any way around this without resorting to getting server settings changed?

SleePy

Does it work if you ignore the open_basedir message? This sometimes causes issues with conversions and opening folders, but it may just work fine for you.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

m.c

I've managed to get past the error message a couple times last night, but all I got was a long list of errors, and nothing being converted.

I've just tried again, but i can't get past the page with the errors now.

SleePy

You might of messed up the SMF install. If I remember right the converter does some changes to SMF so it converts.
Reinstall SMF clean and try again.

if this fails ask your host if their is a way to change this. Some run suphp which allow you to use your own php.ini and others allow .htaccess php_flag/value and others nothing
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

What is the permission for the config file for vbulletin?  It might be related to a file permission issue as well.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: