Ability to control attachments by Topic?

Started by krelvinaz, December 09, 2004, 01:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krelvinaz

Attachment control seems to be rather limited or I am not looking in the right area.

1) I would like to control which topics can have attachments

Right now, it appears the only control is on a user  basis rather than a topic basis.

2) I would like to control which types of attachments are allowed.

It appears that you can set which attachments are allowed for all attachments, but not on a topic by topic basis.

Example.  Only graphic images in some topics and the ability to have docs and other document related attachments in a document topic.

Am I missing these types of setting or are the not currently possible.

Thanks.
All you need is...
Time, Aptitude and Desire ... and you can build just about anything...

[Unknown]

Imagine if permissions were controlled by topic here.  There are 19424 topics.  That's insane.

Do you mean board? (a board is, for example, General English Support.)  If so, you can restrict permissions for who can post attachments by board (local board permissions) but, at this time, there is no way to limit the extensions by board.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about not allowing documents on the graphics board and not allowing graphics on the documents board.  I would even suggest there might be cases when such file types would be useful in the separate boards - but then again, I don't know how you're setting up your forum.

-[Unknown]

krelvinaz

All you need is...
Time, Aptitude and Desire ... and you can build just about anything...

Advertisement: