News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Complicated Deleted Moderator Question?

Started by thesquadbay, December 09, 2004, 09:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesquadbay

OK here is the deal I told a Moderator to take a hike, So this person deleted their account and now I would like to remove said persons posts, Problem is this person has 100's of posts. Is there any way I can just find a way to delete them all without having to delete them one at a time?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Grudge

Not easy but here goes. Register a new account called "test". Find out the ID_MEMBER number of this account by looking at their profile and noting the number after u=.

Then in phpMyAdmin run this query

UPDATE smf_messages SET ID_MEMBER = *NEW_ID* WHERE posterEmail = '[email protected]'

WHERE ID_MEMBER is the temp accounts number
WHERE [email protected] is the now deleted accounts email address

This will grab all the moderators old posts into this new user. Now you can go to "Delete Account" of this new user, check the "Delete all this members posts" box, and they shall all be deleted. Long way I know - but that's life :P
I'm only a half geek really...

Tony Reid

* Tony wonders if a user merge feature would be handy for those that sign up more than once... and to help with things like this
Tony Reid

Advertisement: