mambo and smf, can u use the same users for both?

Started by jmiller, December 09, 2004, 10:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiller

Hey whats goin on everybody i have a current smf forum with about 650 members and like 50,000 posts and i wanna expand it into a portal/forum. My question is, if i install the smf bride component found here http://www.mamboportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,46/func,fileinfo/parent,folder/filecatid,1201/ [nofollow] for the mambo portal, is it possible for me to dump my current smf forum members and posts so i will have 600 and some members for mambo/smf forum so the users wont have to register twice (once for the portal and once for forum). Thanks

[Unknown]

Look in this board; there are plenty of topics on the SMF bridge component and the fact that it does what you're looking for ;).

-[Unknown]

idigital

Ortsio told me that if you have existing SMF users, when they login through the bridge they will be automatically registered as Mambo users and they won't even notice.

Note that there are problems with SMF profile altering with the bridge at the moment, if your users decide to change their username or p/w in SMF, this will not be reflected in Mambo. I'm going to use the bridge as a way to run SMF in Mambo and leave the Mambo registration out for the moment until the bridge handles profiling properly as well.

That said, it's an excellent way to get a top quality forum into a Mambo site ;)

Cheers,

Damian

Advertisement: