News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple Boards (again)

Started by drhamad, December 10, 2004, 03:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamad

Quote from: Elmacik on November 23, 2005, 03:34:42 AM
Any updates on this?
We can share the tables but counting totals is not done automatically... What should we do?

Counting totals is not done automatically?  What do you mean?
You will not get a seperate forum total post count for each forum with this mod (although I suppose it could be programmed in).  But you can get seperate user post counts for each forum, and a user total post count.

What is it that you can't get working?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Elmacik

The thing that doesnt work is:
When someone registers on one forum, the other forum doesnt count him and doesnt show him as the lastest member.
The member amount is not the same in both forums althouh members table is shared.
[unknown] has given a hack to do this but its very old and new codes are changed much..
Home of Elmacik

drhamad

Quote from: Elmacik on November 23, 2005, 03:43:20 PM
The thing that doesnt work is:
When someone registers on one forum, the other forum doesnt count him and doesnt show him as the lastest member.
The member amount is not the same in both forums althouh members table is shared.
[unknown] has given a hack to do this but its very old and new codes are changed much..

Are you sure you're talking about this mod?  There aren't any shared or not shared tables in this mod - everything is shared.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

drhamad

A problem to updating this to SMF 1.1 RC3 (from SMF 1.0.5):

This function seems to have moved:
   OPEN Post.php

FIND
updateMemberData($ID_MEMBER, array('posts' => 'posts + 1'));

REPLACE WITH
updateMemberData($ID_MEMBER, array('posts' => 'posts + 1', 'posts' . $GLOBALS['ID_FORUM'] => 'posts' . $GLOBALS['ID_FORUM'] . ' + 1'));

mytreo

Hi drhamad, I am too wanting to use this similar mod for our forums too...

I see your forums are now using SMF 1.1.x so did you fix the problem above?

I believe the function has now changed and is in Subs-Post.php at around line 1660:

// Increase the post counter for the user that created the post.
        if (!empty($posterOptions['update_post_count']) && !empty($posterOptions['id']))
        {
                // Are you the one that happened to create this post?
                if ($ID_MEMBER == $posterOptions['id'])
                        $user_info['posts']++;
                updateMemberData($posterOptions['id'], array('posts' => '+'));
        }

I am thinking that changing the above to something like this would do the trick...

// Increase the post counter for the user that created the post.
        if (!empty($posterOptions['update_post_count']) && !empty($posterOptions['id']))
        {
                // Are you the one that happened to create this post?
                if ($ID_MEMBER == $posterOptions['id']) {
                        $user_info['posts']++;
                        $user_info['posts' . $GLOBALS['ID_FORUM'] . '']++; // <-- Not too sure about this bit
                }
                updateMemberData($posterOptions['id'], array('posts' => '+', 'posts' . $GLOBALS['ID_FORUM'] => '+'));
        }

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks
Chris
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

azn_romeo_4u

I am looking for the same solution.  I'm going to try use though, the one posted above and see what happens.  Anyone got development going on this?

drhamad

Well, it has been a couple years.  We still use a solution in some way similar to this, but we've done a lot of development on it.  Unfortunately, I don't have an easily packagable and useable solution.  Our solution at this point is MUCH more advanced than what you see in this thread, but at the same time, utterly not acceptable as an SMF package due to its... hacked together... nature.

I would recommend seeing if vbgamers (smfhacks.com) publicly released mutliforum package does what you need.  I haven't tried it and can't actually recommend whether or not you should USE it.

Advertisement: