News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

CMD.exe dos window pop up problem

Started by klaushundal, December 23, 2007, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaushundal

Hello  :)

Just installed SMF 1.1.4, but i have a weird problem.

For every click in the forum a dos popup window shortly appear on my computer and disappear again.

The dos windows that pops up is called CMD.exe.

I tried to click in the forum on different computers and for every click, nomatter where you click, a windows dos windows appear half-a-second and disappear again.

I run SMF from my own server.

Hope to get it solved :o)

THANK YOU for your time  :D

Warm greetings
Klaus Hundal

Rumbaar

Sounds like an error in your configuration of your web server.  Did you setup your web server yourself via your home PC, or via a third party 'own' server?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

klaushundal

Hello  :)

Thanks for replying.

I run a server on my home pc, but i never have had a problem with my other websites and the server should be setup correctly.

It's only with SMF i got a problem.

Do you know what it's caused and how to fix it?

Warm greetings  :)
Klaus

Rumbaar

I doubt this is a SMF related issue.  More likely a web server configurations issue, so might be hard pressed to get complete support at this forum software helpdesk.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

SleePy

it is a local issue. It is just your server setup running commands and such which is why you see it quickly.

I would really suggest using a real host though rather than your local pc.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

klaushundal

Hello both and thanks for helping :o)

SMF must be doing something different in the script since i never ever have had this issue. I will try to look at my server configuration again and figure out why it's doing that.

I am running my own server because i use different kind of scripts with different kind of needs. Thats why i am not ordering any online hosting and running it myself.

Merry christmas
Klaus Hundal :o)

karlbenson

I had this a long while ago with Xampp.

I believe the cause is host name lookups.

Try disabling them.

Admin (top menu) > Features & Options (left menu) > Layout & Options (tab) >
Disable hostname lookups?

But note it will make banning less effective.

karlbenson

I'll see if i can find the original topic

klaushundal

Thank you karlbenson! :)

That did the trick!

Thank you VERY MUCH :O)

Warm greetings
Klaus Hundal

riversen

I just had the exact same problem. The problem IS related to SMF and karlbenson's suggestion solved my problem aswell.

青山 素子

The problem seems to be related to XAMPP's configuration as I've tested SMF with both IIS and Apache and haven't seen this issue at all.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

karlbenson

I've been using Xampp for at least 12months at I've only seen it happen once or twice.
The problem would be gone next restart.

Advertisement: