News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

error : "mysql table non-existent" when trying to increase the # of chars / post

Started by Sincere, April 14, 2008, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sincere

hello. my dedi box is CentOS4.6 with PHP5 and mysql5. This behavior is seen in IE7 on WinXP.

I tried to post a long post using smf2.0 on my site and got this error:

Table 'depannag_forums.smf_smf_messages' doesn't exist
File: /home/depannag/public_html/Sources/ManagePosts.php
Line: 254

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

SleePy

Thanks, Bug #1918: Modifying message body size via Post Settings causes fatal error

You can fix this one of two ways. I will do the eaiser one though :P

Open ManagePosts.php

Find:
                    $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'mediumtext'));

Replace:
                    $smcFunc['db_change_column']('messages', 'body', array('type' => 'mediumtext'));

As well, if you wanted to make the column smaller you would have to find:
                $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'text'));

Replace:
                $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'text'), array('no_prefix' => true));

That one also show the second way this could be fixed :P

Do you mind if this is moved to the public Bug Reports board?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Sincere

Quote from: SleePy on April 14, 2008, 11:33:45 PM
Thanks, Bug #1918: Modifying message body size via Post Settings causes fatal error

You can fix this one of two ways. I will do the eaiser one though :P

Open ManagePosts.php

Find:
                    $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'mediumtext'));

Replace:
                    $smcFunc['db_change_column']('messages', 'body', array('type' => 'mediumtext'));

As well, if you wanted to make the column smaller you would have to find:
                $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'text'));

Replace:
                $smcFunc['db_change_column']( $db_prefix . 'messages', 'body', array('type' => 'text'), array('no_prefix' => true));

That one also show the second way this could be fixed :P

Do you mind if this is moved to the public Bug Reports board?

thank you Sleepy

I don't mind if this is moved to a public place

It was far easier for me to directly edit smf_settings.max_messageLength  through phpmyadmin.

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

Advertisement: