The Adventure Out West

Started by Fiery, December 28, 2007, 12:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiery

So the time has almost come: The Meeting of the Minds (MotM)!

Well for some reason I sit here posting on the forum despite the fact that I have not packed yet.  I always seem to think I can pack in 10 minutes, but I typically end up staying up all night before a flight cause it takes so long to pack... why I dont know.

My first flight destination is Chicago, Illinois, about a one hour flight from where I currently am,  take off, reach cruising altitude, cruise for 10 minutes, land.

So the weather guys were talking about some winter storm advisory, they are figuring 3-9 inches... weak, and no ice... boring.  The current radar (see photo below) doesnt look very bad... yet, than again there are still 12 hours to take off.

Well anyway this is the start to my blog for the MotM, I assure you my next blog posts will be much more interesting and filled with photos and hopefully some witty satire etc.

Until then...
enjoy this picture  ;)

Compuart

Good luck with your flight. We're (bryan, gary and me) in the plane soon to take off for chicago. So far so good. :)
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Fiery

Flight was delayed, trying to fix, be back soon.

Fiery

karlbenson

Fiery

karlbenson

can you get on any other flights?

Fiery

I am trying, the problem is that my flights are held by 2 carriers and they keep telling me to call the other person... now I am calling Hotwire  >:(

karlbenson

best of luck.

*fingers crossed
*thumbs squeezed

Fiery

Hotwire says they will try to fix it.

Its not like the storm is that bad (see attachment)

H

Is this just affecting you or are there other SMF'ers on your flight?

Hope everything gets sorted out.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

shadow82x

Have a safe flight. :)

That is if its not delayed until MotM is over.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Fiery

Not sure, I dont know if I will be able to make it there this century, I keep getting the run around.

Grrrr.   >:(

Fiery

Well after talking on the phone, driving to airports, standing in lines ... all for a total of 7 hours 35 minutes I finally found some flights that will get me to the MotM...eventually.

So the airline is having me drive 3 hours to Chicago at which time I will board a flight to Columbus, Ohio (why there no one knows), after a bit of time I will fly from Columbus to Phoenix and finally later that evening I will fly from Phoenix to Tucson, oh the fun.

The plane leaves Chicago at 1:45pm and will land in Tucson at 9:48pm, not too terrible.  Most of it is flying with very little layover, the longest parts are the 3 hours I fly east from Chicago to Columbus (yeah I know, wrong way) and 4 hours from Columbus to Phoenix ...

Well now I need some food. 

H

Waiting at airports is incredibly boring. Good luck!
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Fiery

Quote from: H on December 28, 2007, 06:17:25 PM
Waiting at airports is incredibly boring. Good luck!

Since they messed up my flights I am going to make use of their VIP areas! ;)

SleePy

Quote from: pmp6nl on December 28, 2007, 06:21:19 PM
Since they messed up my flights I am going to make use of their VIP areas! ;)

So does that mean that we get help with support from you :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Fiery

Yeah, as long as my plan works.

Fiery

So I thought now that I have free internet I would provide an upgrade.

So this morning as planned I took a shuttle 3 hours to Chicago to hop a plane Columbus Ohio, which would send me to Phoenix and finally to Tucson...

I had a nice wait at the Chicago airport for a few hours and I made use of the special VIP area... it was pretty nice (see photo below), but there was no free internet :(

So I sit here in Columbus waiting for the flight to Phoenix, oh so exciting.  Hopefully this blog will get a little more interesting after a bit.

On to Phoenix.

...Oh yeah, some clouds over Ohio  :-\

Fiery

Advertisement: