News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Potential calender conversion issue from YaBB to SMF.

Started by mrhope, December 28, 2007, 03:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhope

I recently encountered calender issues as discussed in the below post. That I believe could have been generated from my original conversion from YaBB to SMF several months ago.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213261.0

After getting this issue tracked down and fixed and the forums back up from the downtime caused by the issue I noticed that I had hundreds of users ( potentially thousands, calender didn't start displaying birth dates on main page until I started removing 10,000+ old users) that all had the same birth date of 12-31-1969.

I have a lot of doubts that I'd have that many users with the same birth dates, which is why I believe it's possible during the conversion that maybe the conversion on some dates may not get converted properly and/or some years the conversion script doesn't recognize may not get converted properly.

As I said I don't know if this is an issue or if the conversion caused this but something that may want to be looked and verified isn't broken for future users converting from YaBB to SMF.

SleePy

It is being discussed for 2.0 on how to fix this and a few other issues related to it. Should hopefully see something improved ini 2.0 to remedy this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

mrhope

Advertisement: