News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelchiew

Quote from: Gargoyle on January 04, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
8: Undefined index: recaptcha_challenge_field
File: /Sources/Register.php
Line: 183

I am getting this error presently. Like mentioned above I had to manually install this so if possible a manual fix would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote from: HR on April 01, 2009, 09:11:06 AM
Im using Beta4 and just had the same issue crop up undefined index recaptcha_challenge_field but there are no such entriews in the lang files.

I'm getting the same error in my error log. I don't believe I see any replies or answers to these 2 person's posts. What does this error mean?

By the way if I want to update from 0.9.5.4a to 0.9.5.4b, do I just run the latter or I've to uninstall 0.9.5.4a first?

青山 素子

Quote from: noelchiew on June 13, 2009, 04:02:59 PM
I'm getting the same error in my error log. I don't believe I see any replies or answers to these 2 person's posts. What does this error mean?

It's due to not checking if the variable is set before looking at it. It's harmless, but I don't like seeing it either so I'll be hopefully fixing it in the next bugfix release.

Specifically, that value won't be set if the field in the reCAPTCHA box was left blank. This usually means a human didn't see it, a bot skipped it, or a bot is trying to submit form values directly to the registration form.

Quote from: noelchiew on June 13, 2009, 04:02:59 PM
By the way if I want to update from 0.9.5.4a to 0.9.5.4b, do I just run the latter or I've to uninstall 0.9.5.4a first?

The only difference between the two is that the b release will install on 2.0 RC1-1 without the emulation string. No code was changed. If things are working, don't mess with it. Number changes indicate code changes so you only need to worry about those.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

noelchiew

Ok thanks for the clarifications! :)

JoeB

Error with 1.1.9

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php Skipping file

---

I tried to install it anyway but end with this message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../Themes/default/Register.template.php on line 843

834:    echo '
835:                // ]]></script>
836:             </td>

please advice me

jantonio112

t is possible to install recaptcha response to Post

青山 素子

Quote from: jantonio112 on June 18, 2009, 06:59:16 PM
t is possible to install recaptcha response to Post

Yes, it is on SMF 2.0. With SMF 2.0, it takes the place of the built-in image verification.

This is not currently supported in SMF 1.1 because it would require adding additional capability beyond the scope of the modification. I was thinking of a special package that works along with Visual Verification Options, but have not had the motivation to write it.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

jantonio112

Quarks

Greetings friends.  :)
I just installed reCAPTCHA on one of my SMF forums (1.1.9) that is heavily bombarded by spam bots. If it solves the problem magnificently you will know because I wont post in this thread again, so no news is good news.

thanks

jnix

Quote from: Motoko-chan on May 12, 2009, 12:27:33 PM
Your custom theme probably has a different template for that part of the admin area, which isn't reading those settings properly.

Just to say thanks a lot - have got it working now (yes, had a custom template which I hadn't changed).

ThePro

Getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function recaptcha_check_answer() in /home/thepro/public_html/theproweb.co.cc/forums/Sources/Register.php on line 184

when trying to register with recaptcha on

青山 素子

Did you install manually? If so, you need to copy recaptchalib.php to the Sources directory.
Motoko-chan

ThePro

i installed using package manager.

青山 素子

The only thing I can think is that either the recaptchalib.php file isn't in the Sources directory, or the require for it isn't in Sources/Register.php.
Motoko-chan

joshposh

Quote from: JoeB on June 14, 2009, 10:29:23 AM
Error with 1.1.9

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php Skipping file

Same here with version 1.1.10 :(

青山 素子

What other modifications or changes have you done? I have tested on a clean 1.1.10 install (well, not clean - it had my other mods on it) for confirmation before I bumped compatibility on the mod page, and it installed cleanly.
Motoko-chan

joshposh

Ihave these packages installed:

Gravatar
Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio
AJAX Instant Quick Reply
Country Flags
Twitter Field
Todays Birthday
Hide "Logged" and IP Image
Spoiler Tag

青山 素子

The Country Flags modification is changing the code point that this modification is depending on. You'll probably want to make the single failed edit manually. You can find instructions by going to the mod download page and choosing to view the manual installation instructions.
Motoko-chan

Bernard T.

Motoko-chan, just wanted to thank you for this great addition to standard ("cracked") captcha...
Now, why don't you point guys by reCAPTCHA.net to list your Mod under "Plugins" in http://recaptcha.net/resources.html - it surely would also promote SMF to the world...  ;)

P.S. One functional suggestion: As described here http://wiki.recaptcha.net/index.php/I18n it would be good to add a custom translated string for the text in reCAPTCHA window... I did the dirty one only by changing:

if ($context['use_recaptcha'])
{
echo '
<script type="text/javascript">
var RecaptchaOptions = {
theme : \'', empty($modSettings['recaptcha_theme']) ? 'clean' : $modSettings['recaptcha_theme'] , '\',
};
</script>

with

if ($context['use_recaptcha'])
{
echo '<script type="text/javascript">
var RecaptchaOptions = { 
theme : \'', empty($modSettings['recaptcha_theme']) ? 'clean' : $modSettings['recaptcha_theme'] , '\',
custom_translations : { instructions_visual : "Here is my new text:"}
};
</script>
://#  Orion | Federation Servers | Info Sector

青山 素子

Quote from: Bernard T. on July 25, 2009, 08:11:30 PM
Motoko-chan, just wanted to thank you for this great addition to standard ("cracked") captcha...
Now, why don't you point guys by reCAPTCHA.net to list your Mod under "Plugins" in http://recaptcha.net/resources.html - it surely would also promote SMF to the world...  ;)

I've contacted the folks running reCAPTCHA four times about this, and they still haven't done anything. I've kinda given up.

Quote from: Bernard T. on July 25, 2009, 08:11:30 PM
One functional suggestion: As described here http://wiki.recaptcha.net/index.php/I18n it would be good to add a custom translated string for the text in reCAPTCHA window...

I'll look into that.
Motoko-chan

Bernard T.

Quote from: Motoko-chan on July 25, 2009, 08:48:43 PM
I've contacted the folks running reCAPTCHA four times about this, and they still haven't done anything. I've kinda given up.

Sad to hear that... I will write them now, maybe I'll have a little more luck ;)

Quote from: Motoko-chan on July 25, 2009, 08:48:43 PM
I'll look into that.

Great, thanks!
://#  Orion | Federation Servers | Info Sector

Advertisement: